Also bought....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
.....a new gas cap and some Argent paint for my grills and tail panels. The 2 cans of paint almost cost half as much as the cas cap!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Barracuda233-vi.jpg

FASTBACK340 said:
.....a new gas cap and some Argent paint for my grills and tail panels. The 2 cans of paint almost cost half as much as the cas cap!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Barracuda233-vi.jpg

John, where did you get the paint from?

Thanks

Tony Fields said:
John, where did you get the paint from?

Thanks

Jack's Auto Parts located over here in Jersey. They were $19.95 ea. and I feel like an %$#@#$% for paying that much. Let's see how good it looks....

Details to follow.

FASTBACK340 said:
Jack's Auto Parts located over here in Jersey. They were $19.95 ea. and I feel like an %$#@#$% for paying that much. Let's see how good it looks....

Details to follow.

Just hope it's as good as its name John...let us know what you think!

I ordered 2 cans from the parts desk at the local Dodge dealer and it was 14 bucks for bolth.

360scamp said:
I ordered 2 cans from the parts desk at the local Dodge dealer and it was 14 bucks for bolth.

<OUCH!> Thanks for making me feel better.....:sad1:

1BadDodge71 said:
say,is that also for the middle of my 72 Duster grille?if so,i need some.I dont want to use cheap silver paint on it.

Gee....just don't be a "sucker" and pay too much.
028.gif

When it's all done and over the only sucker will be the guy next to you at a light. At the point you're at with your car you have to spend more..... your paint looks too good to use cheap crap that will make it look bad.

bthieson said:
What is this paint for exactly?

Argent silver is used on rallye wheels as well as grille trim on Darts, B`cudas, and some E and B bodies. The name is what gets me, isn`t argent "silver " in French, so the paint is called silver silver. That`s descriptive.

I bought a can of Textured Argent from Totally auto, with shipping, $28.50. I'm restoring the tail lamp panel that came off of a 1975-76 Dart Sport. I won't use more than a 1/4 can!

mikedevore said:
I bought a can of Textured Argent from Totally auto, with shipping, $28.50. I'm restoring the tail lamp panel that came off of a 1975-76 Dart Sport. I won't use more than a 1/4 can!

Gee...I guess we're both "suckers".

You have no idea how much that remark pissed me off. And just when I thought everyone here was cool... Too bad we don't have an IGNORE feature for the big-mouths.

-
Back