Altanator brackets

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Does anyone have some good pics of the bracket and how it mounts to the block on a altnator to a smallblock mopar.

heres a few

Attachments

• 3181.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 3183.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 3184.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 266
I have the bottom but need the trangle bracket.

You have the correct bushings too?

Is this the bracket you need? Triangle with bolt through it?

Used Alternator bracket, 340 70' Duster OEM bracket

attachment.php

Hold the phone here guys. He didn't specify whether he is running the early or later style water pump and housing. They are 2 totally different setups and without this information would just be blowing smoke into the wind!!

Dusterkid, are you running the aluminum water pump that dumps out on the drivers side, that would be correct for a 73 smallblock Duster?? Or are you running the cast iron water pump that dumps on the passenger side, that is correct for 70 and earlier cars?? The brackets do not and will not interchange, no matter how much you shim them!!

Please enlighten us!! Geof

Hold the phone here guys. He didn't specify whether he is running the early or later style water pump and housing. They are 2 totally different setups and without this information would just be blowing smoke into the wind!!

Dusterkid, are you running the aluminum water pump that dumps out on the drivers side, that would be correct for a 73 smallblock Duster?? Or are you running the cast iron water pump that dumps on the passenger side, that is correct for 70 and earlier cars?? The brackets do not and will not interchange, no matter how much you shim them!!

Please enlighten us!! Geof

Ok, I see the lower hose on 73AbodEE's pictures on the passenger side so he has the 70 back on his 73, correct?
Is there a difference between the brackets on an AC car vs Non-AC on the 70 back?

the 318 above is a 67 water pump , here is a 77 360 aluminum water pump.

Attachments

• abb1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 231
  • abb2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 255
  • abb3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 236
  • abb4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 220
  • abb.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 243
the 318 above is a 67 water pump , here is a 77 360 aluminum water pump.

I looked at the Summit page showing the applications and there is no certian split year for what side the alternator is on. It would all depend on what the set up came out of in the beginning. Summit is showing a small block passenger side alternator as late as 1991. Maybe if you have a stock Mopar A body, there is a split year.

Summit Racing Part Number TRD-9456

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-9456/Application/?prefilter=1

That is a 1978 up pump so maybe you should get the parts that match the pump or get the pump that matches your other engine componets. Different pumps have different shaft lengths and that makes the pully set in different locations.

That is a 1978 up pump so maybe you should get the parts that match the pump or get the pump that matches your other engine componets. Different pumps have different shaft lengths and that makes the pully set in different locations.

Yeah the water pump pully and the crank pully did not match up.I mixed and matched pullys and got that strightened out.Know all that is left is the brackets and now I know how the work I will be good.Thanks for the help guys.

-
Back