Altenator bracket

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does this seem right ?

I always thought the bracket goes on the outside (yellow arrow) but the only this fits is to go behind the alternator tab. I don't have the non a/c pulleys yet to verify it's straight but it just hurt my brain because it seems wrong.

It's a 75 engine about to be put into a 72 demon so I'm pretty sure this is the right bracket. It had a/c before but I'm converting it to look non a/c.

This is a new repop bracket set from eBay.

IMG-20230218-WA0000.jpg

20230218_170815.jpg

IMG-20230218-WA0000.jpg

20230218_170849.jpg

I think it does go on the outside. Remove it from the water pump and flip it around 180 degrees and see if that lines it up. I bet it will.

Nevermind. That won't flippin work. LOL

Yeah, the alternator ear goes on the outside of the bracket. I know what you mean; it looks odd, but that's how it goes on.

first picture is correct the alternator pulley is wrong. But it looks like you need to loosen the bracket to pump bolts and straighten the alternator. Maybe the holes in the triangle bracket are not correctly spaced. Post a picture with center to center measurements. I can send you a bracket if it is incorrect. I have plenty . I use them for fabricating different things.

20171224_150436.jpg

DSCN1064.JPG

Looks correct to me......except for the alternator pulley, and possibly crank and water pump pulleys not shown in your photos.

-
Back