Alterkation info

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Anyone using the RMS Alterkation on a 69 Dart? Curious about offset needed to make the front wheels tuck in properly. Have heard the alterkation is wider that stock setup. I will be using an 18x7 wheel for the front. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am running the alterk in my 69. I am running 3.5" offset on 4.5" wide rims. I have also heard that the rms has done a revamp and is now same width as the stock front end. I am not positive on this though.

best person to talk to is bill at RMS. he is a straight shooter and will tell you anything you want to know about it...

i know the newer systems are narrower then the earlier ones were. not sure on the exact specs though.. i was running a 17" rim with 5.72 backspace on my dart. i had the older wider system...

DSC_0019-1.jpg

Thanks guys. A Body Joe how wide are your 17's. Not sure the 70-72 are the same inner fender size as the 69. They seem larger. If they have reduced the width to stock specs I'm sure it would work with a 4.5 offset or maybe less on a 7" wide wheel. Just heard that the were 2" wider than stock.

Keep in mind, the stock track width in the front is different for BBP disc, vs small bolt pattern. The BBP discs move it out wider.

Thats why I'm also looking at Hemi Dennys setup. His, he says, is the stock oe width that can be adjusted out some if desired. Not much different price wise I think.

-
Back