Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketAces

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Just like the title says.

I need the alternator adjusting strap that was used on 1965 273 V8 with factory AC. I have the alternator bracket, which is cast iron. Here's more info on my setup:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970456802#post1970456802

What I need is the adjusting strap with the slotted hole for tightening the belt. But if you have both and don't want to separate, I guess I could buy the set.

If you don't want to sell, then even a good picture and some measurements would be a big help.

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

i have a few strap brackets, not sure if any are correct for your use but alot of my parts were from a 65 273 valiant. I am in long beach if you want to come by and dig or send me a pic and i can dig.

Is this the one you are after? What I've seen is two versions, one which is strait and the curvy one. However they both have the twist on the middle to fit right towards the alternator.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 131
Is this the one you are after? What I've seen is two versions, one which is strait and the curvy one. However they both have the twist on the middle to fit right towards the alternator.

That looks exactly like the one I have for my single pulley setup which I believe is correct for a dealer installed Model K AC system.

From what I can see, the bracket for Model 954 factory air would need to have more offset, and in the opposite direction. The alternator is further forward to line up with the two outer most crankshaft pulleys. That makes the front of the alternator further forward than anything it could possibly bolt to.

i have a few strap brackets, not sure if any are correct for your use but alot of my parts were from a 65 273 valiant. I am in long beach if you want to come by and dig or send me a pic and i can dig.

Thanks I may do that after Ulf posts some pictures and I know what I'm looking for.

You should come out to the South Bay Mopars club meeting. Meetings are at the Rockola juke box factory in Torrance the first Saturday of every month. Next meeting is this coming Saturday.

http://www.southbaymopar.com/

i dont have anything with a dogleg like that.
I have bought parts from members multiple times and have been invited to the meeting a few times but am always busy on meeting day. will be out of town this weekend.

I might have what your looking for. I have factory system in my 65' vert. Do you need condesor,lines, or any other brackets as well. I will get some pics tonight.

Ian

Here's a picture of the alternator adjusting strap that I need.
View attachment attachmentI91D8HLC.jpg

I also need the round support brace from the top back of the compressor to the intake manifold on the left hand side.
View attachment attachmentRK3EXI2C.jpg

I also have a thread going for the AC Compressor and/or Pulley.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=278780

That's all I need to have a complete setup, but I guess if somebody had a complete set they didn't want to break up, I might buy the whole thing if the price is reasonable.

I'm marking this thread as SOLD because I was able to get the alternator brackets from DARTGAME. I do still need the pulley and some of the compressor brackets, but I have another thread for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back