Alternator-what color wires-HELP

-

slim17265

Reaction score
I have had my motor torn apart for a month it is now all back together with all new machined parts,cam,6 pack setup. But now I have everything hooked up but the following wires which are all within 6" of alternator. Alternator was lying in chasis and moved around alot and wires probably came off. here is what I have On the bottom threaded post OK as none of this was removed, on back top center has green wire on pushon marked FLD another pushon just outbord of this one has no wire has broken casting letters can not read. here is what I have as dist is now Mallory prestolite. LOOSE red wire with clip looks like the metal eyelet could go on valve cover bolt but what about the other end, is alternator grounded by this? Brown wire w/ red push on plastic sleeve, looks like it would slide on a small pin,Brown wire again coming out of dist w/metal eylet(I have loom w/brn going into dist) also Violet out of black loom w/large black plastic push on cap looks like it would push on l/8" pole. I HAVE FACTORY Manual with schematic of wire as all of the wires I am referring to are within inches of coil/alternator the manual is not much help as I do not see anything in this area...please help...thanx (vehicle is 1968-orig 440 No AC)

If you send me your email address I will send you the wiring diagrams for your car.One problem,I know its a 68,I know its a 440,but is it a road runner a dart,or a toyota corolla,Mrmopartech

-
Back