Alum intake cleaning

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Sorry I know this has been ask like a million times but what home remadey works to get a nice finish is there a aluminion cleaner.

I have used lye in the past to clean aluminum.

The rate of cleaning totally depends upon the amount( concentration) of lye/ water used and the temperature of the water. Hotter the better.

We used this to clean aluminum cable in the powerline business.

The only issues are:
1- very caustic so use rubber gloves, long sleeves and safety glasses
2- the size of the item as to whether you can immerse it in a pail or brush it onto the surface requiring cleaning
3- after cleaning the aluminum will naturally start to oxidize again , so be prepered to continue to clean or apply some kind of sealer.

I have used it on aluminum rims but the aluminum comes clean but doesn't shine , hense the sealer.

Good luck, Dennis

Thanks, thing is around here nobody wants to do small jobs.I did use some sos pads cleaned it up ok but there is some gasket maker on that the sos pads did not remove it.

Sorry I know this has been ask like a million times but what home remadey works to get a nice finish is there a aluminion cleaner.

well start with 180 grit sandpaper the go to 220wet the 330 wet and sand until you get to somehwere around 2000 grit then polishing compound if your up for the work

-
Back