Alum. intake question

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
OK, this question was probably asked several times. I am making a list of engine parts I need for my 383 build. My ? is - does anyone make a aluminum intake that looks really close to an original steel intake ? I would like to find one that someone is going to have look really close to tell the difference. I already found the aluminum heads I am going to use. Thanks

Probably the Performer would look the closest. Even if you grind off the lettering a sharp eye would see the stock stamping are not there.

So what is your build? I see aluminum heads so an intake that looks stock may not be a good match for your combo.

I think the old M-1 DP for the 383 is about the closest. All the others have the sweeping runners on the outboard runner that the stock one doesnt have and none have the same mounting pad. Even a dull eye would see this if they were looking if that matters much.

Weiand and Edelbrock both are pretty close but neither have a choke well. The old DP4B won't have EGR stuff. The Edelbrock 2186 will have provisions for the choke but also has EGR ability and a slightly taller profile than stock.

925-8008.jpg
hrdp_0712_09_z%2Bmanifold%2Bedelbrock_dp4b.jpg

350-2186.jpg

I want to have a 383 stroker built. 496 ci I want it to be as stock looking as possible. I am going to use the 440 source STEALTH heads. Will have heads & intake ported. I want to have it that when someone looks in my engine bay they know no different, other than the headers. I cant afford the BB A body exhaust manifolds.

Dp4b painted looks stock, you can even grind off the name and model if your serious about stealth.

I think the DP4B fits the bill best for looks and power. It's a badass intake.

-
Back