alum intake

-

mikess68

Reaction score
hey guys, my alum intake is as dirty as an old turkey roast pan in places. how can i get it looking better without stripping everthing off? if i have to take everthing off, ill just paint it motor color. any home remedies on getting it clean without damaging the rest of the stuff???

DSCN0355.JPG

you may have to remove the carb to get in there good..I use my wifes tooth brush LOL.....Try using a small wire brush that should take most of the crap off and a blow gun..Maybe use some aluminum rim cleaner...Not really sure

Theres this stuff called "Grezzeoff" that works very well and even better with a wire brush. But I'd take that off and do it and then have it power coated.

yea powder coat it....cudachick give this old boy a nice price on powder coating his intake....gaskets are cheap enough

I've found this product from Eagle 1 to clean up aluminum parts nicely. I would imagine you could get it at o'reilly's or pep boys.
If you decide to powder coat the intake, it's an etch that would act as a good prep/cleaner.

Eagle 1.jpg

One thing that works for me is the cheepo wheel cleaner from the dollar store. I just soak it down and let it set for about 5 minutes and hit it with the pressure washer then detail with the smaller wire brush.

-
Back