[FOR SALE] Aluminum 5.2L Magnum Block - CL

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't a company suppose to be produce an aluminum 340 block about a year or 2 ago. I remember it being discussed on this site.

Wasn't a company suppose to be produce an aluminum 340 block about a year or 2 ago. I remember it being discussed on this site.

Ritter.

I've seen prototypes posted on the web a while ago. May be selling now??

yea, Ritter makes em. there's a couple on Moparts. darn guys are spending a FORTUNE to have all the machine work corrected. not worth it..

I am somewhat familiar with aluminum Porsche 944 and 928 engine blocks. There is a special process to cast silicon in the walls to make them hard, and pistons are plated with iron to make them compatible. There is a special process to remove a thin layer of aluminum in the bores exposing only the silicon to the rings. Silicon (refined from sand) is what electronic chips are constructed from, is not to be confused with silicone!

If the blocks are just aluminum, they will need sleeves or Nikasil, a trademarked electrodeposited lipophilic nickel matrix silicon carbide coating. Unless one knows what the block has, it could be expensive to process for use.

yea, Ritter makes em. there's a couple on Moparts. darn guys are spending a FORTUNE to have all the machine work corrected. not worth it..

From what I remember a member here said that the Ritter block is over 6k by the time you get the sleeves put in and all the machine work done.....and then it needs to be corrected??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back