aluminum heads torque specs

-

1mean7Ddart

Reaction score
#-oi got some edelbock aluminum heads and ARP bolts on my 360. edelbrock says to torque them to 95lb and ARP tells me to torque them to 50lb. can some one help me out here?#-o

#-oi got some edelbock aluminum heads and ARP bolts on my 360. edelbrock says to torque them to 95lb and ARP tells me to torque them to 50lb. can some one help me out here?#-o
That would probably be 50 ft lbs using the ARP assembly lube on the threads which would be about 95 ft lbs without any lube on the threads.

The ARP bolts come with two different specs. One, which is lower, if you use their provided assembly lube and a second, higher spec, for if you use oil. My set for LA block showed 95 lbs with their lube and a whopping 130 lbs with oil.

For those, use the ARP spec which should be 95 pount feet. Make sure to use the ARP lube, and get it on both sides of the washers too. Tap the threads and blow them clean, and torque the heads in the right pattern in 4 steps to reach 95. The last one to 95 should be a smooth turn until the wrench clicks off. No jerking or stopping and starting.

-
Back