Aluminum Radiator

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used one of the Engineered cooling products radiators . Found them online, and they look awesome for the price.

22" Mopar SMALL BLOCK HD Aluminum Radiator
2374-DS1.jpg

SKU RAD-2374S
Weight 45.00 lbs
brand Engineered Cooling Products
Our price: $219.00
Qty

RAD-2374S-DIAGRAM.jpg

For your classic Mopar, our new 22" wide core radiator is the perfect combination of modern cooling technology and classic styling. It's made with die formed tanks that closely match the original Mopar design. It has the correct notches for the fitment for steering arm and frame to fit directly into your Mopar without hassles.

Mopar is notorious for having horrible fitment data for the 60s and 70s classic muscle Mopars. As such, the problem with most Mopar radiators is they will bolt into your car, however the fan shroud won't fit. That problem is solved with our ECP 22" model.

Starting from scratch to address common frustrations classic Mopar owners have, we designed the fan shroud mounting flange to accommodate ANY Mopar fan shroud. The flange comes pre-drilled to accommodate the most commonly use shroud, however the flange can be drilled to accommodate any fan shroud bolt pattern.

Another 'gotch-ya' you'll find with the 22" Mopar radiators is almost all aftermarket Mopar radiators copy the poor OE design which use self tapping sheet metal screws or speed nuts to attach the shroud to the radiator. This causes several problems, the first being it's easy to run the pointed screw tips into the core in the radiator and poke a hole in the radiator.

The second problem is it's very easy to strip out the thin mounting flange which is near impossible to fix without welding. Our 22" ECP model solves both of those problems with a fresh design that moves the flange mounting screws away from the radiator core face to save you tons of grief. This allows you to use a conventional bolt and nut to secure the fan instead of holly-hobby sheet metal screws.

This it our all new aluminum radiator for the 1967 - 1974 Mopar Small Block Cars that use the 26" large radiator. Like all of our radiators, it's made with proven 2-rows of 1.0" tubes that is proven to out cool 3-row and 4-row aluminum radiators by a substantial amount. Buying the wrong radiator that can't adequately cool your motor in extreme summer conditions can cost you engine damage that you'll pay for many times over the cost of the radiator. So why burn your money on a gimmick radiator when you can have the real deal?

- LIFETIME WARRANTY.

- Buffed die formed tanks to give your ride the vintage style with modern high efficiency cooling technology.

- All aluminum construction with a heavy duty 2-row core with 1.0" tubes (not a 3-row gimmick making outrageous 1000HP cooling claims). Beware of gimmick 2-rows with 1 row of 1.0" tubes and a second row of 1/2" tubes! MOST other 2-rows on Ebay are only 2-rows of 3/4" tubes, not 2-rows of 1.0" tubes!

- Heavy duty transmission cooler.

- Billet CNC machined filler neck. A new cap is included.

- Fully TIG welded construction with no epoxy.

- Upper hose connection is 1-1/2", lower is 1-3/4"

- See diagram for dimensions

The radiators are buffed exactly as shown. The pictures shown are as-is out of the box. Please note it is not a full show quality trailer queen mirror finish polish but can be taken to that level with a minimum amount of finishing.

• Ask a question about this product

This blueprints don't tell the whole story.

My fit was close. I had to drill some holes in the core support I didn't want to, and had to rptrim the mounting bracket.

All that said, with my current combo I can run in stop and go traffic and it never goes over 180* which is thermostat temp. So the radiator will do the job.

I also use a Milodon HP water pump and turn my pump 6% FASTER than crank speed.

If it performs as claimed, that's a deal! That's less than I paid a local radiator shop in 1992 to split my upper and lower tanks and splice in a 4-row core. That setup was still cooling well when it was removed a couple of years ago, but I would have jumped at this one if it had been available way back then!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure it's not the best, just wanted honest options from people that actually used them, I wasn't expecting the best for $219, but it sounds like a great alternative to the high priced ones out there.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not the best, just wanted honest options from people that actually used them, I wasn't expecting the best for $219, but it sounds like a great alternative to the high priced ones out there.

If you can deal with drilling some holes and maybe trimming the brackets then it's a great deal. I'd much rather have the two 1 inch cores of the ECP than the three .750 cores of the champion. It's more important to have flow.

If you can deal with drilling some holes and maybe trimming the brackets then it's a great deal. I'd much rather have the two 1 inch cores of the ECP than the three .750 cores of the champion. It's more important to have flow.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

I have one in my Dart. The mounting holes were way off. Required tig welding, and regrinding the lower slots. Redrilled the top holes. Then it was too tall. I can't even use a lever cap. It hits the hood. Then the shroud brackets made using the stock shroud impossible. I had to make one from fiberglass. It overheated at low speeds without a shroud. Now that all the issues are corrected, it works well. Your post says it's been redesigned. The flanges for the shroud are different. It would've helped me alot to have had them on mine.
Check the specs very closely against your car. Plan on a shroud. Good luck.

Wasn't @Ccas offering special pricing for you guys looking for oem type bolt in?

Nope. I used Evans coolant. They say it doesn't wear out. So far, so good. My cooling system is designed exactly to what they told me. And it works exactly like they said it would. Without a thermostat of a 60* day, I can't get over 140 on the gauge.
???
You aren't running a thermostat? That's a great way to ruin your engine. Running your engine under 140 degrees is detrimental

???
You aren't running a thermostat? That's a great way to ruin your engine. Running your engine under 140 degrees is detrimental

No, I had to use a thermostat. If it was just a drag car I could live with 140 but as a driver and street toy I wanted between 170 and 180. And that's where I'm at.

No, I had to use a thermostat. If it was just a drag car I could live with 140 but as a driver and street toy I wanted between 170 and 180. And that's where I'm at.
That makes sense now!
And as to your comment about Evan's coolant. That's awesome. That stuff seems like a great idea. Someday I will use it.

That makes sense now!
And as to your comment about Evan's coolant. That's awesome. That stuff seems like a great idea. Someday I will use it.

Once I got over the sticker shock I was ok. But I pay $22.00 USD for oil so I just took it in stride.

I am thinking of replacing my original 22 inch 3row with this ECP 22 inch. I like how it is advertised as using the oem fan shroud. I also plan to replace my water pump with a Edelbrock Victor or something less expensive and close in specs.

I am thinking of replacing my original 22 inch 3row with this ECP 22 inch. I like how it is advertised as using the oem fan shroud. I also plan to replace my water pump with a Edelbrock Victor or something less expensive and close in specs.

The milodon pump is a great pump and IIRC less money than the edelbrock.
You'd be better off with 2 one inch cores than 3 three quarter inch tubes. I don't remember ECP even offering a 3 core but I could be wrong on that.

I would measure everything very close. No way a shroud would fit my radiator. I have a 26 inch radiator. Bought a 26 inch ECP. Took all the measurements. Still had to trim the brackets and drill some holes.

I will say, with a Milodon water pump, the ECP 26 inch 2 core radiator, a Robert Shaw 180 thermostat, Evans coolant and driving the water pump just 6% over crank speed, on a 101 degree day the car cruises at 175. I stop and go traffic it goes to 180.

That's without a shroud.

Yes I have looked at that miloden pump. I understand the ECP is 2 row at one inch and that should work fine. I am not getting the 26 inch. The 22 should bolt in stock holes and use my shroud. When I get around to.do this I will post pictures on a new thread about the install.

The 22" advertised as for Darts bolted up after elongating some bolt holes and the shroud went on fine after removing a little material on the bottom of the shroud.
Well worth it.

The 22" advertised as for Darts bolted up after elongating some bolt holes and the shroud went on fine after removing a little material on the bottom of the shroud.
Well worth it.
that is good to know. I don`t want to have to do alot of rigging to get it to fit though.

-
Back