Always used WIX filters...but now - UPDATE

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Hi All,
This is a follow-up to my initial post on 10/1 concerning WIX filters production locations. I offer this info which hopefully will help a fellow FABO'er make an informed decision as to oil filter selection for their MOPAR. I called Baldwin Filters in Kearney,NE today to find out about 2 oil filters I was going to buy...one was a B233 for my 318 and the other was a B7165 for my John Deere riding mower. I spoke with Kimberly in customer service and asked if she could tell me the C/O for these two filters and she said sure. The B233 for the 318 is made in Yankton,SD and the B7165 is made right there at the Kearney plant. It's real nice to be able to just call and find this info out so quick without having to go through layers of corporate BS. From now on it's only Baldwin filters for me..Made in the USA until I find out otherwise. Their contact # is on the BALDWIN Filters website.
318MG

It's a pain in the *** to source exotic filters every oil change. Wix is good enough. Thanks!

I ordered them both from Amazon. The Baldwin "automotive applications" area of their website lets you enter year/make/model/motor to get the correct oil filter for your car. Looking forward to getting them real soon.

Baldwin has always been good filters. "We" never saw them much in this part of the country, although some truckers got them.

It's VERY disturbing to me that after all these years.....and especially since NAPA used to be "the top" of parts quality, that so much stuff has gone downhill.......and now Wix.

-
Back