Am I doing this right?

-
I had been sooo involved with businesses, we were flying to Disneyland, the stewardess came down the aisle with munchies, sitting beside my 4 yr old son, said to him, " Chocolate chip, mmm my favorite, try one . . . He looks over at me says " yeah dad, mine too, but I like yada yada yada" .
I was so utterly blown away that my son could talk, make sentences, - had opinions, I turned and looked at my 5 yr old daughter stunned, absolutely ashamed of myself.
We had a great holiday, 2 weeks later I notified the oil company I would not be renewing my lease .

You are definitely doing it right ! !

Last edited:
Both Darts are sitting in different garages. We have 20 acres, I only have to mow 3ish acres? Takes about 2 hours. The rest is wooded or hayed, the hayed portion is done by a local farmer.

I plan on working on the new dart over the winter, hopefully. Until then it’s sitting in a shop next to my new zero turn which is a blast to ride.

View attachment 1716140104

View attachment 1716140105
Well done, Doc! I thought I was doing good with 7.5 acres and a 1600 sq ft garage! I should have been a dentist! :thumbsup:

Yes you are doing it right! Looks great!

Not missing the rat race. I like people, but tend to like them better when they're not around me lol. Wife and I have been enhancing our property over the years. Added and expanded an orchard with pears, plums, apples etc, lots of game and fish available. And heavy into vegetable gardening, canning preserving etc. We really enjoy it and find it very rewarding. Not to mention relaxing as heck!

Enjoy the adventure with the family.

20210326_093323.png

20201122_155457.jpg

20201122_170422.jpg

20201121_180735.jpg

oh yeah! I used to cruise timber in 11 states for the North Central Research Station out of Minneapolis. I lived in Manistique Mi and cruised the north woods year round. But when the snow got too deep they would ship us down there for 6 week stints. I know much of Missouri like the back of my hand south of Rt. 60. Kinda had the run of Branson in the dead of winter too! All of that area down to the Ouachita is beautiful forested country with clear flowing waters. Good choice. How does the missus like country livin'?

I went to school about an hour west of Boston. My wife was raised an hour east of Philadelphia. We never look back!

There is no you will ever move back to Vegas after getting a taste of country life! Congrats on everything you are doing and looks like you have your family in a great place so enjoy it while you can. What Zero turn did you get? Joe

Sorry super late reply.

I got a Spartan 61in zero turn. It is 37hp and hopefully will last me a long time! It works pretty good too

-
Back