AM I that far off?

-
I paid $1100 for my boy's 73 dart sport with 225 auto, about four months ago. Drove it home. Solid except for the trunk floor, but it came with a new repo. Must be a regional thing.

If the car is running and driving fine and has a decent paint job then I would say 6. If it's in primer sitting on jack stands with body panels missing then I would say 3000.

I paid $1100 for my boy's 73 dart sport with 225 auto, about four months ago. Drove it home. Solid except for the trunk floor, but it came with a new repo. Must be a regional thing.

$1100.00 for a slant 6 car..that $2500.00 don't sound all that bad then for a 340 car...

To give you an idea, I bought off of here last month a '74 Duster out of Oregon. I paid $3600. It's a S6, but had only one small rust spot on the passenger floor. Has Large bolt pattern, Power Steering, and Bucket Seats,and runs perfect. Two months ago I sold my '73 Cuda 340 car I had trouble getting 5K, it had it's fair share of rust and was missing some parts. Here is a picture of the Duster.

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 158
In so cal I bought my 1971 dodge dart swinger v-8 numbers matching, not a single spec of rust and had performance parts on a newly rebuilt engine and tranny. it was 4 grand. Ive bought several in that range. They are cheap and easy to find rust free out here.

Needs restored, that says enough. 2500-3500 is reasonable for one in that state.

True if the rust is reasonable.
I gave $800 for mine and it has alot less rust than that car.

If the rust is reasonable? It needs lower quarters! Doors,roof,hood,fenders,floors and decklid are rust free!

They later cars should be worth a lot more! Here's why- Revised front suspension (larger spindles) Electronic ignition, larger bolt pattern wheels, front disc brakes, much improved safety in the doors and front and rear of the cars, real seat belts. I love 73, 74 dusters

If the rust is reasonable? It needs lower quarters! Doors,roof,hood,fenders,floors and decklid are rust free!

This is what I see, trying not to be negative here.

The cut out trunk pan laying in the back means the car has rot.
I question the rear frame rails and mounts.
The floor pans are covered in surface rust, meaning they have been exposed to the elements.
Windows missing it had to be soaked with water some time in its life.
I bet the frame and pans are not as good as you think.

The good if it is a true 340 stick shift car and you have all the parts somebody will have value in it.
I suggest that you use a real camera instead of a phone, take clear pictures of everything.
Honestly you need better pictures to evaluate what you have.

The two fastest cars in 74 were the Trans Am S/D and the 360duster

You assume that it has been exposed to the elements it sat in my buddies garage for 16 years not exposed to the weather like a common junk yard car, frame rails are perfect floors are perfect as far as rust there are holes in the very bottom of the spare tire well only! I do paint and body for a living! Not your run of the mill idiot here! I know what I'm talking about when it comes to that!

They later cars should be worth a lot more! Here's why- Revised front suspension (larger spindles) Electronic ignition, larger bolt pattern wheels, front disc brakes, much improved safety in the doors and front and rear of the cars, real seat belts. I love 73, 74 dusters

You forget ugly "beaknose",bumpers grille and taillights.. and the interiors aren't as nice as the '70-'71's..and they weight more..

let me say this.. as in the real estate business: location X 3 ???? the same car in Missouri will not bring the price it will in say, New England area.

like Vdart says, put it on Feebay and see what it does. here in Mo its a $500 car, maybe a small tat mope if tranny and engine are good? on feebay lets see what it does. run it a couple of times if need be for the answer. now should be prime time to sell, tax refunds back, spring beginning to appear?

-
Back