amc hemi swap

-
Made up a driveshaft hoop and got the l.e.d headlights installed , need to get some bolts for seats and bolt in torque converter then should be off the jack stands. base tuned computer for the hemi should be ready in the next couple weeks then I can finally try and start it up , drive it , get some logging done for drive ability then dyno tune .

55.jpg

56.jpg

58.jpg

57.jpg

Made up a driveshaft hoop and got the l.e.d headlights installed , need to get some bolts for seats and bolt in torque converter then should be off the jack stands. base tuned computer for the hemi should be ready in the next couple weeks then I can finally try and start it up , drive it , get some logging done for drive ability then dyno tune .

View attachment 1715335766
View attachment 1715335767
View attachment 1715335769

View attachment 1715335768

Amazing build! Who makes the wheels and what brand of led headlights did you go with?

Absolutely incredible build. The rollcage and all the tubular parts look really nice.

pretty much everything wrapped up for the wiring (hopefully haha) waiting for my computer to come back from hemituner Aj then i can finally start it up

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

since i finally got suspension dialed in on the javelin it sits pretty low so i figured id need to get some protection for oil and trans pan . Picked up a remnant 1/4 aluminum plate and worked out pretty good(may weld extensions on each end of skid so they aren't flat ) . Made a tee out of 1/4 flat stock then welded that to my trans cross member . Up front used a piece of 1/2 thick aluminum , drilled 1.25 hole ,cut the hole in half so I could use it as a clamp ,drilled and tapped . Now the tricky part making a removable cross member in between oil pan and trans
5qCwB3L01LGOUBQTXvtpWfXu0aa_E1BU4dRtpkQpoNPowo1DFjtdOfImYThZo0PNjI18R-Ss&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg
lqz1RqKBRJSgWXSBoq2gfLSpVbVrMeybXdv3x-FPWNexe-rcf1m2VrGPi7hJV1p0pRLJRglR&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.jpg
heWx8bRHvKTiLkWNY-7qIVraPFSgaqwIWe64wXuRp-B0TZ92uL2q2MZmEZhjKyuXCoiDwTZG&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.jpg
oVAGLtzVt8faPnF7LMxITn4GbNtIFuFK0XuY64DLjnoiDFgsGpybbvONTSkPBykoKQUmAwjG&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

Got the center cross member done for the skid . Very tight squeeze and had to make it in 3 pieces that are all removable . At least now I don’t have to worry as much about road debris or hitting oil pan
c_oc=AQmuB0h4qENk-5XgnNOQjf92pqiN3Of97VT6Tli8nl5B28_9xRHkjorMI4G5wixZT0U&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.jpg
c_oc=AQmQXtjXSAz_ZnnA7WWSbjOYCttcNir93KJTH8yVgYIN7-c4cyT5OO8QqvvhxASlyTM&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

also should have my tuned computer back from Aj hemi tuner on Monday so hopefully first start will be sometime next week

and a step back , had to send the whipple in for the noise . Mike over at whipple said from the pics he saw , the previous owner must have had something gone thru the supercharger (debris from no filter or blew up the motor and sucked up something in the bypass ) which caused some damage

That sucks! No pun intended.
yep and for even worse news , talked to whipple today and they got the tear down /inspection done on the supercharger , ended up being a lot worse than they originally thought from the pics i sent them . so far $2400 in repairs and Mike needs to have engineer check the jack shaft as it has a wobble to it so who knows what will happen there , looks like we may end up just buying an entire head unit vs repairing the one we had

yeah pissed because i was told it was in good condition , should have bought new and now going to cost me more than if i would have just bought new . Also huge tease when you get the car started for the first time and excited for it then have this happen
i called the guy i bought it from and of course it was good when they pulled it and i broke it .

Of course that’s the way it happened. Wonder how he would like it Installed in his ***

yeah pissed because i was told it was in good condition , should have bought new and now going to cost me more than if i would have just bought new . Also huge tease when you get the car started for the first time and excited for it then have this happen
i called the guy i bought it from and of course it was good when they pulled it and i broke it .

Of course, of course...that dirty rat bastard!

I looked through the thread and couldn't find what radiator you are using. Would you mind sharing the brand and any other info that is handy?

I looked through the thread and couldn't find what radiator you are using. Would you mind sharing the brand and any other info that is handy?
its a griffin radiator with derale fan shroud and dual e fans

got the supercharger back from whipple and re-installed , started the car up and still had some noise so shut it down and tore the front end apart to get the oil pan out . Found the modified oil pick up to work with rear sump pan was getting hit by rod bolts or crank so its a good thing i ordered a moroso custom pan a few weeks ago haha . now waiting on new oil pan with pick up tube , got the smooth boost for whipple installed and pulling out the little reservoir i had for supercharger then installing an ice tank instead with a 3 way valve so i can bypass heat exchanger when running at the track
IMG_2330-M.jpg

IMG_2328-M.jpg

IMG_2329-M.jpg

IMG_2332-M.jpg

IMG_2333-M.jpg

While I’m waiting I figured I would swap out the 2qt reservoir I had for supercharger to a 2.5 gallon ice tank that I piped in so heat exchanger can be bypassed when using ice

F40E6D1B-4100-4C4E-B0AF-C2D6AAF018EC.jpeg

-
Back