amd full quarter panels

-
Got started on the Swinger here is what i have so far have the old quarter panel off .Now i am ready to clean up and prep for the new quarter here are some pics Yes i have tubed it out but dont be alarmed it is not a 340 car it started life with a 225 . I have a built 360 with B1 BA aluminum heads a race preped 727 with 8 in 5000 converter and 457 geared 8 3/4 rearend i have done all the work on this car so far.

Looks good so far. I had a VERY hard time getting my quarters off. I have some work to do to get everything in shape to get the new one back on but my test fits of the new quarter are GREAT!

Muddacres,
how did you strip the rear panel in your photos in #14? It looks like it turned out very well, without gouging up the good sheet metal underneath. I want to strip my 71 Dart project without chemicals and this looks exactly like what I am after in terms of resulting surface finish. Nice job! 8r

Jim

Most of the car was done with a RIDGID 5 in. random orbit sander with 100 grit paper and the rest was done with a 1/4 In. angle die grinder with 2" 3M Roloc surface conditioning pads lots and lots of pads LOL. It is all done NOW :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: sanding that is.
Hope this helps
Jim

jeffromopar, Looking good so far. I would assume you will be using the lincoln in the background to put it back on. If so and you run it off of an extention cord you will be much happier with it's performance if you use a 10guage cord. Standard 12 or 14 guage cords allow too much of a voltage drop but the time it gets to the welder resulting in a much lower output. Also (must be the welder repair guy in me) The gun looks like it has quite a bend in it when it comes out of the welder. If, when you are using it you experience any feed problems, slip a new liner in the gun. There is a good chance that one has a kink in it.

jeffromopar, Looking good so far. I would assume you will be using the lincoln in the background to put it back on. If so and you run it off of an extention cord you will be much happier with it's performance if you use a 10guage cord. Standard 12 or 14 guage cords allow too much of a voltage drop but the time it gets to the welder resulting in a much lower output. Also (must be the welder repair guy in me) The gun looks like it has quite a bend in it when it comes out of the welder. If, when you are using it you experience any feed problems, slip a new liner in the gun. There is a good chance that one has a kink in it.
Yes that is a great little welder i have used it on many restoration projects. I dont use extention cords on my welder i have outlets every eight feet in my shop so i can use it about anywhere i need to. Its always good to have a electrician for a friend . I did a street rod for him and he did all the wiring for my shop for free .

Ok got a little done tonight got the quarter fiting up pretty good still need a little tweaking before im ready to weld but so far so good These quarters fit pretty good . I had to do a little triming here and their but i really like the panels her are a few pictures

-
Back