AMD out of stock Duster quarter panels

-

4404spd

Reaction score
Anyone know what's going on with AMD. No one has 70-71 Duster full quarters. Im ready to buy and can't find any.

Have you contacted them? May show out of stock online but you may call and find out they have some sitting up on the top shelf in one of their warehouses

Have you contacted them? May show out of stock online but you may call and find out they have some sitting up on the top shelf in one of their warehouses
No I haven't called Everyone that is a AMD dealer shows out of stock.

Call amd. They may ne on back order. Not sure if they will answer tomorrow being so close to Christmas

Ordered AMD Full Left and Right Quarters for our 69 Barracuda Fastback in May 2016, received them November.
Pretty sure you can order them now and have them in a few days. Until they run out of this last production run...

Called AMD today, Out of stock. 3-4 months before production will start again.

my m-code 69 fastback barracuda has been at amd for almost a year. the first couple of months they were able to collect most of the AMD produced panels that were required to bring the car back to OEM specs and construction. however, they did not have new quarter panels. i had to wait at least 5 months for AMD to restock those parts. when i discussed this matter with craig the shop manager, he said that shortages in some parts often occur due to the way AMD sources their parts. i believe all of AMD parts are produced overseas - either from china or from some other foreign country. AMD stamped panels are of better quality than other manufacturers but i think they do a fixed number run of a particular part and then do not reorder that part until they've sold out of the first run. the other thing that might be happening is that because the market is down on collector cars, there just may not be the market and demand for repo parts as there was a few years ago. i certainly hope that is not happening but my advice to anyone trying to restore a car right now - if you need parts, buy them now while they are still available.

Maybe they finally decided not to sell them because they sure as hell did not fit and they knew it.Maybe they will get some new ones made that do fit

I never used any for a Duster, But the ones I used on my Challenger fit nice.

Maybe they finally decided not to sell them because they sure as hell did not fit and they knew it.Maybe they will get some new ones made that do fit
My buddy put a left 1/4 on his 71 340 as well as a tail panel and was not impressed with either one. On the other hand my 69 bed 1/4's fit great.

My shop did a nice job with Sherwood for the full rear quarters. We only used AMD for the inner and outer fenders.

Dennis

-
Back