AMD parts. What I found out

-
Nope way, all would be stamped in Twaiwan or China!!
Why is there no toilet paper. Seems it is all made in Chinese ships in the Gulf!!!! No warehouse, and thus only a 2 weeks supply!!!

Maybe your toilet paper is made in Chinese ships in the gulf

The hoarding was apparently sparked by social media rumors that said stores were running short on both because they were made in China and would no longer be exported to Japan.
On Thursday and again on Friday, Kumamoto Mayor Kazufumi Ohnishi tweeted that the rumors were groundless.

“Tissue and toilet paper are almost entirely manufactured in Japan. There is no need to stockpile. Everybody should just calm down, please. The rumor isn’t true,” the mayor’s tweet said.

On Friday, the Japan Household Paper Industry Association, a group of companies that make toilet and tissue paper, said there were no problems with supplies.

I hear there are 6 big Jap ships loaded with nothing but striking paper, headed to the US as were speak!!
But... The shelves are empty of taters. So what about the Tater shortage!!???? Who has a root cellar anymore. Who stored taters? How many taters are stored at Idaho at this time???? OK, so there are frozen taters and dried tater in the bag and box. I want to eat real taters.
Forget about taters.

Only speaking for myself, the AMD thing took the wind out of my sails. My car is solid now but if one gets another duster etc and the time comes where a bubble rears its ugly head, well, we know what surprises lie in wait. If you buy a car from a person who doesn't know the history or on his word only you will find yourself in a bind. You cant rely on swap meets. I know I dont want to wait months or years for something that should be readily available. How many NOS quarter panels are there to go around? I am not a craftsman or a sheet metal expert and many shops these days wont do body work on these cars because they make more money on insurance repairs. I understand the plight of AMD and not mad at them. Aside from numbers matching 340 cars, Dusters have yet to collect. 35 years now and no love from the majority. You restore a car and add performance to the tune of X amount and people offer less than 1/2 like drag strip prices. People STILL FREAK OUT over chevelles, mustang's and novas and I dont get it. Its a chevy and ford world no matter what

People freak out over chevelles, mustangs, and novas, well for one thong there is actually aftermarket and even factory support!!! ???????????????????///

People freak out over chevelles, mustangs, and novas, well for one thong there is actually aftermarket and even factory support!!! ???????????????????///

I agree,however, every car show I went to the same people almost always got a trophy. 1 a chevelle, the other a nova. They are nice cars and people DROOL over them.
Meanwhile, my grandma had a duster like yours. Oh look, another chevelle!!

We all know GM parts are cheaper, way way more resto stuff, many more GM cars out there to pick from as projects. It costs just as much for paint materials to paint a Chevelle as a Duster. GM sheet metal is way cheaper and more to choose from. Upholstry is cheap. The list is long.
It can also be argued it costs bout as much in parts/materials to restore a hemi Cuda as a slant Duster. The difference is in the costs of the project car!
Thinks about that.
Car shows? If that is a person's bag, that's good. Wanna a trophy? Go to a show that caters to GM and take a nice car, do some politicking maybe get a little plastic trophy that costs you a $25 entry fee. Take a great Mopar there maybe you come home empty!? All depends on what makes a person happy.
I say all this sheet metal deal is a reality check. We tend to say this stuff is available, so ONE day we will order.
Sorta like some going to the store and there is NO toilet tissue there TODAY!!!! Maybe next week, the shelves will be full!!!????? lol
Bottom line is we all take a lot for granted!?????/

So true on GM parts, my neighbor has a Nova and I have been mentoring him on restoring it, AMD fenders were only a couple hundred bucks each.

He walked in my garage one day and was giving me crap for not buying new fenders for my 70 Cuda, I was cutting four front fenders up to make two good ones.
When I told him these fenders were $650 each, then he understood why I was doing it.

-
Back