American Auto wire

-

r55nls2002

Reaction score
I am in the process of rewiring my 73 340 sport. What is everybody thoughts on the AAW kit. I really do not like how the fuse box mounts to fire wall.

I'm using the kit on my Duster. I like it. It's well put together. That being said, I got mine 3 years ago for $729, I see now that they are over $900. That's a lot of money.

What is the issue with the fuse box mounting to the firewall!

I think the fuse panels on several of the popular wiring kits are pretty much the same. I bought a open box/ had been cut Painless, and another "I've forgotten" the brand, may have been Autowire, and the fuse panels had some minor differences, but were nearly identical

Here's the thing!!! You wire it up right, and lay the harness in right, you will rarely if ever need to access the fuse panel!!

I just prefer not stand on my head when I need to access it.
I've installed several American Auto wire kits.. actually none in mopars LOL..
They all bolt in a factory location. I never do any wiring kits without taking the front seats out... Of course the steering wheel off and the instrument cluster out... Once you have brand new wiring and everything's hooked up right there will be very little need for you to be under there... That's kind of the point of rewiring it..
There's nothing stopping you from doing a custom install and putting it where you want and patching the whole for the Factory location and plugging the engine compartment and front headlight wiring harness into the back of it and putting it somewhere else... I did that with my Duster I took the factory fuse box off the firewall and plugged the engine harness and headlight harness in and tucked it up under the dash while running the wires through the driver side firewall to hide all my wires.. when you open the hood of my car you don't see wires...

-
Back