American Graffitti

-
"I bet you have to sneak up on the pump just to put air in the tires"...:burnout:

Did you all know the little hot blonde in the Woody wagon in Hollywood Knights is Cindy Williams sister. A Hollywood Knights, American Graffiti connection

"I bet you have to sneak up on the pump just to put air in the tires"...:burnout:

Did you all know the little hot blonde in the Woody wagon in Hollywood Knights is Cindy Williams sister. A Hollywood Knights, American Graffiti connection

sweet duster in your avatar .....I am partial to dusters of any year.

I have never heard of this Hollywood knights movie that is mentioned in this thread a few times .......now I have to go on a hunt to find in and check it out.

I also watched Dazed and confused which is a bit more crude in language but its set a lot later ...I believe 1976.

Thank you Rani....Hollywood Knights is a classic ! The real star IMO is the Popular Hotrodding Project X 57 Chevy

Attachments

• 20150110_215212_resized.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 220
I don't know Hollywood knights is a fun car movie but I would watch it first before you throw your young kids in front of it or you will either be embarrassed or answering a lot of questions. its an age thing. If your driving around the outskirts of Modesto you may stumble into Paradise rd. I don't know if its the same location but it still looks like it did in the movie.

Thank you Rani....Hollywood Knights is a classic ! The real star IMO is the Popular Hotrodding Project X 57 Chevy

I love this! As for my opinion on Hollywood Knights: It should be considered a burlesque version ( more crass ...) of A,G. The romance and hope, make American Graffitti.

Has to be one of the best movies made ....ever

Has to one of the best soundtracks ....ever.

I am still watching this over and over :violent2:

Attachments

• pl_americangraffiti5_f.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 165
  • American-Graffiti-2-1000x677.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 5144-24.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 173
  • HarrisonFord_AmericanGraffiti.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 164
  • worldizing_1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 159
I still think that '55 is bad ***. I kind of favor the gray primer version in "Two Lane Blacktop" though.

:burnout:
I still think that '55 is bad ***. I kind of favor the gray primer version in "Two Lane Blacktop" though.

I remember telling the OL that the cool things about the movie are the cars and the soundtrack. ( among other things)

American Graffiti 1973 ( FILMING LOCATION ) 40th anniversary

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCpoVz4QSnM"]American Graffiti 1973 ( FILMING LOCATION ) 40th anniversary - YouTube[/ame]

while we are at it

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lkQRishGA"]DIRTY MARY CRAZY LARRY Film Locations Revisited 1973 - 2010 part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svRwV_laDA"]DIRTY MARY CRAZY LARRY Film Locations Revisited 1973 - 2010 part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I watch American Graffiti, at least once a month. Just love that movie. Although in my opinion American Graffiti 2 sort of sucks.

I've watched that movie hundreds of times after buying the DVD. I also spent about $75 in tickets watching it so many times when it was in the theater.

I love hearing the Wolfman Jack show as the backdrop for the movie.

I finally own all my favorites. American graffiti, Hollywood knights, two lane black top, and vanishing point.

Two lane black top is by far my favorite just because it's got more hot rodding.

American graffiti 2 was a little weak but it had some great racing.

I liked Two Lane for the old school hot rodding also:

Hot rod driver: How about fifty?

The Driver: Make it three large, motherf@#**er, and we'll have us an automobile race.

The Mechanic: You'd have yourself a real street-sweeper here if you put a little work into it.

G.T.O.: I go fast enough.

The Driver: You can never go fast enough.

The Two Lane / Graffiti connection is that one of the 55's used in Graffiti was used in two Lane so no thread jack here

You MUST see the whole movie! This one of my many favorite parts. Right at the end the cop gets out and tells Tony Danza "ok a@shole, pull this yellow piece of sh*t around the corner here................then Tony Danza nails it and leave the cop standing in a cloud of dust. The sound of the supercharger is awesome!
[ame]http://youtu.be/KifZ01yTCL0[/ame]

Another piece of trivia. After the filming of Two Lane Blacktop the GTO was used twice in car chases on Adam 12 and the 55 was still in primer but it was only used as a still shot as it was parked in an alley as the drove past it. They were both on Adam 12 so they must have sat on there movie car lot for a while.

Funny you should bring this movie up. Watched it last night while on the tread mill.
Brought back many great memories of Santa Rosa Ca. in the late 60'sl

Frates Rd. between Lakeville Hi-way and Adobe Rd. Is where the drag race scene was filmed, and seen from the airport near by. It was the film site ,but not the actual spot portrayed in the movie. It has a marked 1/4 mile that keeps getting moved due to the city limits being extended. The cruising scenes were filmed in Petaluma too. The power lines and sub station, along with the double oak trees on the west hillside, plus the eucalyptus trees to the south are still there.

tumblr_m3l3ubXCBL1rqqtzqo1_500.gif

-
Back