American Graffitti

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What a great movie for a Sunday morning. Up early this morning after sleeping like a big cat last night. What a great movie ....I can watch this over and over and never get sick of it.

Attachments

• 20150110_063651[1].jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 392
One of my top five movies! I grew up in a place where the car culture was similar and miss it very much. You, being as young as you are would be surprised by how it used to be and how many hot rods would be out on a Saturday night. P.S. Watch Hollywood Knights.

Funny you should bring this movie up. Watched it last night while on the tread mill.
Brought back many great memories of Santa Rosa Ca. in the late 60'sl

One of my top five movies! I grew up in a place where the car culture was similar and miss it very much. You, being as young as you are would be surprised by how it used to be and how many hot rods would be out on a Saturday night. P.S. Watch Hollywood Knights.

Hollywood Knights is one funny *** movie, love it. I first watched it when I was about 13 with my dad and it will split your gut. Now have it on dvd and have watched it with my sons but they were a little older. VOLARE'

My brother-in-law is a nut about American Graffitti movie. He is 67 and grew up in that era,along with the location.I could bet he has watched it at least 1000 times.

Typical Friday/Saturday night in the early to mid 80's was still very much like that for me.

its saturday where i live at least thats what my wife says . i love that movie i watch it at least 5 times a year .in the first scene where toad wipes out on his scooter was a real wipe out and they used it . lol.

Bought the dvd a couple months ago. Watched with my 6 year old. She seemed to like it.

Next on the list is Hollywood nights. Keep forgetting g to buy it though.

Around here it was a lot like that in the 80's. Front street, JFK parking lot, UPS road, roads out by the Phila airport. Then in jersey there was deptford mall. Tons of cars hung there before heading to philly. Marlton 8 was the same wAy too. There was an old air strip in evesham twp we would race at also.

I missed a lot of it because I have been on nightshift since about 20 years old

Hemimark's sister Chris was in the Hollywood Knights. She is the carhop that jumps
out of the T-Bucket to start the race with the "Almond Eyes Guys" in the Cobra.

Favorite for sure. The soundtrack CD is one of the best too. Have had it on 8-track, cassette and CD.

When we were kids, my mom and dad used to take us to the Kiltie Drive-in in Oconomowok, Wisconsin for ice cream. That would have been like '63 give or take a year. I loved kneeling on the back seat watching out the back window as the hot rods orbiting the building all evening. I wonder what ever happened to that place. It was great.

Harrison Ford " ain't he cool" . lol love the movie.

oh yea .....it is Saturday :eek:ops:

I will probably watch it again tomorrow ....so same thing :D

One of my favorites as well.

Back in high school I had a Dodge van and was in a van club. I got the nickname of Toad from a buddy after I backed up my van into a tree and bent the bumper. He recalled the scene when Toad was driving down the road and his buddy drives past and says. "Hey Toad...is that you in that nice looking car? What a waste of machinery!!!

It was all in fun but it stuck. Oh, the good old days! I ended up making a real nice wooden bumper for it...then had to find a shop who would give me an inspection certificate.

Have you seen a guy in a piss yellow coupe?

The scene when toad kisses the girl and she pushes him away and he takes it like she is rejecting him and then she jumps him ......too funny :D:D:D:D

-
Back