American Racing wheels

-

Darius

Darius
Reaction score
Hi All
I have been "smitten" by the looks of the American Racing Torq-Thrust style wheel. I want to put a set on my'69 Dart...15x6 or maybe even 15x7 if I can fit that big once I figure out the tire size (pretty sure they will be Goodrich radial T/A's, 225/60-15).
Anyone know if I can even get this wheel with a 5x4" pattern???
Any comments on this look? My Dart is F-8 green with a white vinyl top.
Thanks in advance
Darius

I don't know if they make them or not but I checked out your profile and that is one fine looking car !!!! Why have we never seen that before???? Lets see some more pics of it..... Please?? :thumbup:

I have been all over this site trying to figure out how to post pics to "my garage" but my memory chip was designed and built in the last century so I just don't have any more room on it to help me figure it out I guess?

coyswheel.com has 5 on 4 inch pattern, but thier 17" and up....

I tried uploading a pic of my car here, let's see if it works

dar's dart 2 (Small).jpg

Darius said:
I tried uploading a pic of my car here, let's see if it works

That's your car? Man that thing is sweet. The heck with the torque thrusts, leave the rallyes!

Chuck

Im 99% sure that A/R does'nt make the Torq Thrusts in the small bolt pattern. I had the small bolt pattern on my 72 Duster and as far as I could tell I think only centerline and 70's craigars camein small bolt pattern.

I've had this car for about a month or so now. I guess i'd just like to get it a little bit higher off the ground, this old frame has a hard time getting tht low if you know what I mean.

340mopar said:
That's your car? Man that thing is sweet. The heck with the torque thrusts, leave the rallyes!

Chuck

+1 THAT THING IS NICE!! Is that the original seat colors? Lets see some more pics.... Int. , engine , etc.....Give us the whole story!! Show it off brother!!!!! :thumbup:

If you want it higher off the turf put some 15" rallyes on it if you like the look of rallyes. You can still use the center caps off your 14's. This is what I did on my Duster, 15 x 7 on the front and 15 x 8 on the rear. Don't get me wrong the torque thrust is a good looking wheel but I guess I am just a rallye man, especially with a car that looks like yours.

Chuck

That's a real nice Dartttt!! :thumbup: I'm runing with14' to0 and i'm thinking in do what moper said,Keep the rallyes and make them 15x7/15x8.cheaper and looks great!:burnout:

YEEEE HAAAAA!!!!
I got the Avatar thing figured out with the help and guidance of my 20something employee.
Now I can get some pics into my garage ....hopefully!

Now that I have been properly schooled by my 20 something employee let me see if I can post some other pics.
This car was completely restored in the mid 80's by a gentleman in Tacoma Washington. I bought it from Ray at Texas Toy Box in March of this year. Aside from some cosmetic issues (20+ year old Macco paint job :sad: ) the car is in excellent shape. The guy added every factory option available that didn't come on the car. The motor is a 1970 date stamp on the block but was rebuilt and runs perfect. There is no tag on the rear end so I cannot say for certain what the ratio is til I open it up.
Options are Power front discs, power steering, AM/FM radio w/ rear speaker, rear window defogger, cruise control, 3 speed winshield wipers w/ washer, lights on buzzer(was that even an option then?can't remember) driver side remote mirror adjustment.
The only non-stock items are an Edlebrock intake manifold and an electronic ignition.
The seats were re-upholstered like that, originals were black.

Driver side interior half size.jpg

Engine Compartment half size.jpg

Left front view half size.jpg

Right front view half size.jpg

Left rear view half size.jpg

Rt rear view half size.jpg

Pax side interior half size.jpg

Great looking car! Unfortunately AR doesn't make the torque thrust in the 5X4 pattern. You'll either need to go 15 rallys, or convert to the big bolt pattern brakes. 225/60's should fit with 15X6 rims. I have 15X6's on my 70 and I only get a little rub in the rear (axle isn't centered right).

I've got small bolt pattern 15x7 Rallys on my dart with 4.5" backspacing and 225/60/15 Firestone firehawk's.
They fit nicely and I have no clearance issues. The front wheels are "very close" to the end of the upper control arm and ball joint. So close that you cant put wheel weights on the back of the wheel, or the will get knocked off.

I love the torque thrust wheels also, but dont feel like doing the big bolt swap.

I'm considering a set of the 17x7 wheels from Coy's.

They DID make the torque thrusts in small bolt pattern, here's a set here on this '66 Barracuda. I've seen the car in person, it's got KH front discs and they're small bolt pattern.

Dean_5.jpg

Thanks for that pic Milehi, your set up is what I had settled on only bf goodrich radial T/A's
I e-mailed American Racing and they flat said they don't make them that size, they did not mention that they ever had and that there might be some "out there" somewhere.
Anyone have any ideas about where to start thet search? (besides here on a bodies)
Those wheels on the '66 look righteous!
Darius

they must have used to make them as i have a pic of my 70 dart from 1974 where the car has them on

i too am a big fan of these wheels my dad had a set on his 1962 plymouth fury and i loved them, had to buy a set for my project - 185-70-14 front, 235-60-15 rear. tell me what you think.

aleshias 080.jpg

I saw a set on ebay once, big money.

The little Valiant there looks awesome!

-
Back