an idea of making a 340 look like a hemi

-
So then by this comment putting a Chevy motor in is just as good. lol

I think you got my point. Because it's his, if he wants to pour gas on da ***** and burn it, it's his to do so. So yes, it's just as good.

only reasons people do chevys is so common, and cheap... a 340 was how many year run engine.... a 350 was like what 20 years.

same as a amc 390 like 3 year engine from 40 years ago...

and thanks everyone for there input.... if i like it, it stays... if not 10 mins to take them back off and put some sheet metal valve covers on

yep once its painted or polished and foamed glue to the outside it will work. it was free..... flat aluminum sheets are expensive, plus i have no way to roll a bead on aluminum.
everyone can make fun of what i try to do.. come to my garage and see all the cars i have built and all the shows i have won....

yep once its painted or polished and foamed glue to the outside it will work. it was free..... flat aluminum sheets are expensive, plus i have no way to roll a bead on aluminum.
everyone can make fun of what i try to do.. come to my garage and see all the cars i have built and all the shows i have won....

Hell, I think it's cool. I am not even going to make fun of the cookie sheet. Although, when the missus goes to make you them chocolate chip cookies, don't go whinning to us....:-D

heres some of my cars i did my self, paint, engine, interior etc

the datsun i built and sold, the chevelle was a best friends car i restored for him
duster4.jpg

amxhid.jpg

amchid4.jpg

S5001614.jpg

S5001810.jpg

cuda10.jpg

cuda4.jpg

S5001599.jpg

S5000093.jpg

burnouts123.jpg

3.jpg

and for the cookie sheet, i don't have the girl anymore to complain, and i got it from a friend that works at a larger diner. Normal cookie sheets for the average home were to small hahaha

and with anyone with smart comments, lets see what you guys have done for body work, paint, engine building, working on tight budget... and i am 22

i have about 5000 in a 68 formula s 340 4 speed, caged, mini tubbed sub frame connected, disk brakes, nitrous, line lock, paint, wheels everything. car was a shell from a field

i have 2500 in my 340 4 speed duster

my 73 cuda i'm restoring now was a gift from my old man

i have like 5000ish in my restored white amx

i usually try to do one car a year. its where about all my free time goes. has since highschool

please don't take offense to what I am going to say....but I have seen you mention time and time again how many cars you own and what you have built and this and that (which is cool) but I don't think anyone was truly beating down your ideas....just poking fun and giving opinions......and with that cookie sheet I guess more than ever the old saying of " if you can't take the heat than get out of the kitchen" fits perfect for the situation :toothy10: <------ that right there is sarcasm ......hard to read over the internet.

again.....no offense in what I said ...I have just seen you on the "defense" with alot of your comments in alot of threads and I figured I would point it out.

like I said before, I think its a neat idea what you are doing! and I am all about finding the cheap/crafty/convenient way to accomplish a goal and I love making a car "my car" and putting my own touchs on it and if a cookie sheet and hemi covers are your touch....then pi$$ on what others have to think and go for it!

good luck with the little project man...do what YOU want to do and don't get discouraged on what others may have to think about it....just take it with a grain of salt

LOL, Well, im liking it so far. Keep up the good work. As always, you do a killer job! That datsun is pretty neat, you do some killer work, I cant wait to lay down my first coat of paint

please don't take offense to what I am going to say....but I have seen you mention time and time again how many cars you own and what you have built and this and that (which is cool) but I don't think anyone was truly beating down your ideas....just poking fun and giving opinions......and with that cookie sheet I guess more than ever the old saying of " if you can't take the heat than get out of the kitchen" fits perfect for the situation :toothy10: <------ that right there is sarcasm ......hard to read over the internet.

again.....no offense in what I said ...I have just seen you on the "defense" with alot of your comments in alot of threads and I figured I would point it out.

like I said before, I think its a neat idea what you are doing! and I am all about finding the cheap/crafty/convenient way to accomplish a goal and I love making a car "my car" and putting my own touchs on it and if a cookie sheet and hemi covers are your touch....then pi$$ on what others have to think and go for it!

good luck with the little project man...do what YOU want to do and don't get discouraged on what others may have to think about it....just take it with a grain of salt

hey thanks no offense taken.. its just been a long two months in my life and not in the best of spirits lately. a lot has gone wrong. I hate people that try to put anything down. I try to tell everyone good job or nice.. everyone is like oh just get a real hemi.. i dont have 10-15 thousand laying around. As for the cookie sheet why spend 30-50 bucks on flat aluminum if i didn't have to. I dont know. And everything im doing if it comes out crappy i take it off and through it in the pile. Done nothing permeant to the car

Hey DarTT its a fun time to paint and see all your hard work pay off.... find an old hood and practice for a bit. I learned by painting snowmobile hoods for friends

I hear ya buddy......don't think I am a hypocrite take a look at the link in my signature below and it will take you to my build thread and you will see a TON of stuff I did on a budget mind and improvised on and made it my own.

like you said, not everyone has a bank account stacked to the ceiling ......so people like you and me and tons others....make due with what we can.

I see go for it and like you said....if it does not look good... just take it all back off, no harm done

You won't catch me makin fun. I think it's great. Hot roddin is all about usin what you HAVE. I think some people get all caught up in bein snobby and forget that.

I have seen BB chevys with fake valve covers that bolt to the real ones. They are real big and look like Hemi covers and the plug wire goes through the top just like Hemi covers but then lower down they sneek back out.

looking awsome great rat rod type build love the covers want to see some more pics

and with anyone with smart comments, lets see what you guys have done for body work, paint, engine building, working on tight budget... and i am 22

i have about 5000 in a 68 formula s 340 4 speed, caged, mini tubbed sub frame connected, disk brakes, nitrous, line lock, paint, wheels everything. car was a shell from a field

i have 2500 in my 340 4 speed duster

my 73 cuda i'm restoring now was a gift from my old man

i have like 5000ish in my restored white amx

i usually try to do one car a year. its where about all my free time goes. has since highschool

See as stated the reason you get smart comments is because when you make a statement its always what YOU have and you are on the defense from the start. If you can lose that us older guys will accept you faster. I dont care what I have had and have no point to prove and let it rool of the shoulder.Try it and you will have less stress.

well i am sorry. For a long time i have gotten **** from people about me being spoiled or not earning my own way etc etc. I just wrote that because showing you do not have to have a big purse.... I like the look of a hemi but no way gonna spend that much. Don't have that much to spend. Ill have the car redone for a third of what an engine would cost. Same with using the cookie pan.. was a super cheap way of making the aar style hood functional. I actually got the idea from this site seeing a few members cars with the alum tray and foam.
its like by adding some tin hemi covers and air pan set up im gonna ruin a car.

I see people at the car show pick out something on my paint job where its not perfect, when they paid a body man 5000 for a glass finish paint job and didn't get hands dirty one bit.

long story is just on this sight to be nice, i try to complement cars i think come out nice, some things i see i wouldn't personally do but i don't bring the people down about there work.

Seems like most older guys i run into give me crap because i've done this or that to a old mopar. Its like they want the car so they can do it right in there mind because i'm a kid that ruined it. Everyone is like you killed the value of the car. give me a break i don't care how much dollar amount it is worth.

But anyways, sorry to who ever i offended or was snappy back to, ill take the good and bad comments. I'm usually a pretty nice mellow guy, last few months have been pretty rugged.

Seems like most older guys i run into give me crap because i've done this or that to a old mopar. Its like they want the car so they can do it right in there mind because i'm a kid that ruined it. Everyone is like you killed the value of the car. give me a break i don't care how much dollar amount it is worth.
They should eat their own words and screw off. Its your car, you do what makes you happy with it. I want a 8 point cage in my Dart because I would rather be safe just incase something bad happens. I want rear discs because I almost died because of a drum brake rear causing me to lose control in the rain and almost roll down a 75ft embankment through a metal fence. I was about 6 inches away from being a Mopar meat patty. I have gotten alot of **** for it but could care less, its not their car and they have no say in what I do to it. Then they go off and take a slant 6 car and rip the engine out and slap a 440 in and give you **** for putting hemi covers on a 340. So pay the hypocrits no mind.

thanks dartt.... so in general its like telling me if you start with a 318 70 cuda... its wrong to make a hemi clone or an aar cuda clone out of it..

I back you up on the cage. i run a cage in a few of my cars not because a race car but its the unknown... a friend got killed in a fox body mustang from flipping it going to fast on wet road.. r.i.p. ... we talked about a cage like 3 days earlier in school said no need.

one more thing i have fire ext mounted on my cage and a guy with a hemi satellite stopped in and was like oohh race car you need that. About month later he stops in and his tranny line broke and blew fluid all over headers and burnt one side of the car up before he could get it out, he said sorry and hes gonna have a fire ext now all the time as well. 12 bucks in walmart one time use.

I agree with you and have said that before on the purist crap. I understand you have had troubles recently and see that after your last statements you can be a good guy. My statement was just to let you know that going on the defense puts others on their defense. I too have worked hard and aquired things when young but a true friend wont care if you own the White House. lol

i hear you chrysler fart... just trying to be good and just put info out there to help people and w/e i can do on the site. its a nice place. So gonna just gonna try to mellow out..

heres a few more pics
155395_475801551464_508136464_5243566_3227309_n.jpg

148829_475801631464_508136464_5243567_2081437_n.jpg

-
Back