And another stray gets snatched up......

-

cudavert

DARTAHOLIC
Reaction score
Not that I needed it exactly, but I have been on the hunt for a (somewhat) virgin '68 Dart 2-door hardtop. This one popped up on Craigslist with my name all over it from beautiful downtown San Bernadino. The lady owner was supposed to be having it restored by her husband, but after he snapped off a water pump bolt in the block, he walked away from it.....about 3 years ago. New redline tires, newly upholstered front and rear seats and new carpet in the box, and a mint grille, thank gawd. 273/904. Yeah, it's blue, but......I can't be too bummed out about it. There's no rust anywhere....well, maybe a little at the bottom of one front fender, but the trunk is killer and no broken door latch pins!! Come to papa!!! LOL

Attachments

• DSCF2533.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 506
  • DSCF2532.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 490
  • DSCF2536b.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 761
First thing to do is put the engine back together, which means extracting that broken bolt from the block and reinstalling the water pump, radiator and carburetor. Then it'll be putting in the carpet and seats.

Yes, Miss Rani......SBP rallys and 4-wheel manual drums. No front sway bar, but factory A/C. I'm going to make it loud and just drive it! The headliner's hanging bad, so I might have to have that done pretty quick too.

I'm glad I'm among others who understand.....lol.....the disease.

As a 16-year former resident, ya lost me at "beautiful downtown San Bernardino." :-D LOL!!!

Congrats on the new score though! You'll do it some serious justice I'm sure.

That needs a big block and a 4 speed.

did you get the snapped bolt off ?

Oh my gawd.....I put 2 sets of vise-grips on that 4-inch long piece of snapped off bolt and it came right out like cake!! LOL Well, the guy I bought the car from admitted that he was pretty much a sheetmetal guy, not so much a mechanic.

As a 16-year former resident, ya lost me at "beautiful downtown San Bernardino." :-D LOL!!!

Congrats on the new score though! You'll do it some serious justice I'm sure.

Ha Ha!!......I hear ya, CC and hey, thanks! I just wanted to let everyone who's been to San Berdoo that I do have a sense of humor. It wasn't the greatest of areas, but those guys in that neighborhood were really cool! The previous owner yelled out down the street, and about 5 neighbor guys came outta their houses and helped us push that Dart onto my trailer! Really nice tight neighborhood!! I felt like I coulda sat down and clinked some beers with 'em for sure.

Hmmmmm.....I'm no fan of blue cars, but.......I'm scratching my chin right now....

The "Demented Dart" name is so cool too....

attachment.php

Here's how the engine's been sitting for the past 3 or so years. Dude installed a brand new Summit dual plane intake. Sure hope he put a little silicone down around the ends. Kinda cool but now I have to figure out the kickdown linkage for the trans. (P.I.T.A.) And the factory aluminum timing cover had a little "chisel action" done to it on the sealing surfaces when it was removed. Hope I can salvage it. The timing chain is sloppy like a big dog. Gonna change that out fer sure.......

Check out the black widow egg near the bottom of the coil.....she was spinning it when I opened the hood......had to send it to heaven before I dive in......

Attachments

• phpBAzoFMAM.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 286
Nice. There is a nice 68 cuda on Recycler.com sitting in front of the Monrovia Pick A PArt. $1999 or something. Someone needs to snag that bad boy too. I have too much going on to grab it and need to get my dunebuggy going for the desert season.

Cool ride, love my '68 as well.

Out with the old 273 and get the W2 360 ready....

Attachments

• 20141026_135106.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 130
-
Back