And go....

-

bbeep

Reaction score
Who makes the best quality small block hydraulic lifter that would survive camshaft break in?

Agreed.

However, I do not believe they make anything but roller Lifters and
not any flat tappets whatsoever.

Agreed.

However, I do not believe they make anything but roller Lifters and
not any flat tappets whatsoever.
Yeah I looked and I think you're right. I thought they made flat tappets too. Oh well.

Any of the cam manufactures that offer DLC coated lifters. Or go to ricks mopars on eBay, he has small block lifters for $108 and have them coated. Any tool and die supply house will know where to have them coated.

Like nutsniffer said in post #3 though, I've had great luck with Melling too.

I learned something new today. Do you know why or when they stopped making them? That’s one less supplier of cams for the sbm crowd.
Nope.

Do you have a Mopar yet?

Diamond like coating. Stupid hard and wear resistant and slipperier than goose ****.
Sounds like it would be a good investment for hydraulic flat tappet lifters. Isn't there a treatment that can be done to the cam as well?

Sounds like it would be a good investment for hydraulic flat tappet lifters. Isn't there a treatment that can be done to the cam as well?
One or the other not both. It’s about 25 bucks per lifter to have them coated. If you really want a good investment, buy a steel cam, not some cast cam and run solid lifters…

-
Back