And I thought TTI's were spendy

-
And those manifolds will never flow what a set of ttis do either...

But then again, they'll never rot out and are perfect for that restorer or a good upgrade over crap exhaust manifolds.

Yikes that pricey. They do look exactly like mine from the pic except for the casting #'s missing. Now if they were PORTED manifolds, and came with the repro heat shields (which are also overpriced at I think $125?) it almost would be something to consider.

Do you guys actually expect brand new, high quality reproduction exhaust manifolds to be cheaper than 40 year old used ones? I own a pair of the reproduction manifolds, and they are MUCH nicer than any of the ten or so sets of used ones I've owned over the years. The last three sets of used ones I've had were all cracked, too. Each time I've popped my hood, someone has commented on how nice my manifolds look. They never have on any of the used ones. These were made to compete with headers. They were made for people like me that hate headers.

The casting numbers were actually cast into these new ones, but Chrysler got on his case and he had to grind part of the number off. Tom makes and sells high quality stuff, and it wasn't cheap for him to get these cast. I think it's pretty cool that someone actually took the time to reproduce these. How many other stock Mopar exhaust manifolds have been reproduced? I don't know of any other than the 426 Hemi.

Don't get me wrong I think it's cool that someone did this, it's just out of my price range atm, I also hate headers and wouldn't even try to put them on an a-body.

ATM $650 could go to more pressing issues on my car, after all thats taken care of, maybe they won't seem so out of reach.

BTW I don't think anyone was saying they're not a quality part.

i sold my set for $475. that included the heat shield and complete bolt set with the sleeves. mine were blasted and painted high temp cast iron gray. sounds pricey but just the manifolds shipped to me in 2000 from stephen's performance for $375. i also heard that the accurate ltd. has a 6 month waiting list for those manifolds.

They might give a 10% discount I believe if your a Moparts member too.

Nice people and I bought my tailpipes and tips from them at a great price.

-
Back