And it is done!

-
i used no chemicals to strip it. i bought one of thse blasting cabinets from harbor frieght. i bought the better one that they sell. i actually media blasted it in my cabinet. sheww, that stuff is exspensive.lol. but it did not hurt the lines on the plastic at all, so i am happy.

i will have to get a close up of it. it looks like new in pics, but i do not have a steady hand, so there are some little flaws where i painted on the silver for the heater control letters.

I have used a number of techniques in the past for doing raised letters...... what has worked for me is a long wooden q tip .......I kinda make it soft a few inches from where the work will happen....typically about 3 inches up so it kinda acts like a "universal" then I just cat the wood and roll it on across the top of the raised letters.... the universal keeps a certain level of pressure on the working tip..... the MOST important part... DO NOT BE IN ANY TYPE OF A HURRY!!! Start the process KNOWING that each line will take about an hour......if you have used catalyzed paint on the color portion...it makes it easier to clean off mistakes....if NOT you may be doing the base over a few times.....
what you have done so far appears outstanding

nice work, im getting ready to redo my 67 dash, im going with dolphin 5 quad gauges.

-
Back