And your best guess

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
as to what brand these rocker arms are? There is no major name on them, except 'cat' under the bottom. They are metal and the odd thing is that the adjusters are cup type. The push rods are the same on both ends, ink pen like. I have 2 that have scarred roller wheels and 1 that has the thru pin loose, that holds the wheel in the arm. I would like to replace the bad ones, but do not know which brand they are. TIA.

20231218_120254.jpg

That's what they are. CAT. CAT makes or made all kinds of engine parts.

Rusty, I tried typing in 'cat, cat stock car parts, cat rocker arms, cat automotive parts' and I come up with caterpillar stuff. Are they part of Scat?

Rusty, I tried typing in 'cat, cat stock car parts, cat rocker arms, cat automotive parts' and I come up with caterpillar stuff. Are they part of Scat?
No, they made cam gear-drives too, one is for sale in the mech parts for sale here, they may be out of business now...not certain.

I found the gear drive for sale ad. I took a picture of the address and googled it. It came up with a link to Hughes engine web site . I clicked on the like and it gave me the famous "404". I have the number and will call them on Tuesday to see if they are still in business. thanks to all.

No, I think Speedmaster bought them out. Them made rockers, gear drives and other accessories. I have a CAT gear drive I modified for a slant 6. They WERE their own independent company.

I have a leftover set of 1.5 ratio CAT rockers. They have the same adjusters you speak of. I would highly recommend better adjusting screws. I believe they are bushed, yes? As others have already stated CAT used to be their own company. Hughes used to be a distributor for Cat. The H beams in my 408 kit from Hughes were CAT. It was decent stuff for the money, at the time. I have never mocked the rockers to see how close geometry is.

-
Back