Annoyances to love about cars.

-

DECIPHER

Reaction score
So in my never ending process to make things better i had noticed my barracuda was never getting hot. figured must be missing a thermostat was missing or stuck open. It is also leaking around the gasket. SO while i go to install my dual point i installed a new thermostat and some silicone. Now my lovely is overheating. Also i must of sucked my tank because i started pukeing brown **** from the carb also need to install a new filter and start over again.. damn Now my 904 has been driping for a while but now seems to be bleeding quite well from either the gasket or the rear between the tail shaft and body, so i went to tighten just to check and it seems i have a bolt on either side that has been stripped

Yea....it's called hot rodding.

Nothing unusual about anything your going through. Part of the hobby.

Excuse me, but I have to go change the cardboard under my fat blu fish................it's soaked in some strange red fluid.

There is a cork gasket under the bottom of the tail shaft housing under a flat plate about 3 inches long with 2 large Phillips screws holding it in place.
I always replace that cork with something that actually seals. (like a fiber gasket and RTV)

It might be leaking from there instead of the housing to case gaskets.

Yea....it's called hot rodding.

Nothing unusual about anything your going through. Part of the hobby.

Excuse me, but I have to go change the cardboard under my fat blu fish................it's soaked in some strange red fluid.

Ya i know i have 9 vehicle and basically do not have any car i have not fiddled with. so im pretty used to it. Especially when cars like my barracuda had not been driven in a while before i got it.

Just annoying the brand new tstat is stuck pretty sure i didnt install upside down. Then sucking the tank dry lets me know i need to flush it some more..

-
Back