Annoying new neighbors

-
Love me some Iron Maiden!!
Me too
Grow up on it

In fact, back when I used to drink, that was one of our favorite drinking game

Me and my buddy would order two beers and some maiden
The bartender would then pour two beers and put on some random, and often obscure, maiden song

We'd do our best to and the first one to guess which song it was, as the other got to pay for the beers

Neighbors...probably told this before but the neighbors that used to live across the street were Ma Barker and her boys. All of 'em delinquents (sp?) and the mom was a drunk. She'd have young people over every weekend and cops 2-3 times a month to tell them to shut it down. last straw was a complete car load of Taco Bell trash emptied on my lawn one morning. I took it and threw it on her doorstep and knocked, waking her *** up at 0730 in a Sunday and told her to please keep her sons trash off my lawn. She had the respect (on a Sunday I guess) to send her boy over and apologize to me and tell me it wouldnt happen again. She left (or was run out by the bank) and they hauled 3 motor homes out the back of her property. I still cant figure out how they got them out! Found them abandoned, parked half mile away in a Stater Brothers parking lot. The street threw a BBQ after we found they had gone for good. My buddy bought a wi-fi jammer from China and keeps shutting his neighbors cameras down as they are pointing into his backyard and he built his driveway so it drains onto my friends property. Yeah, dont piss a phone guy off if you wanna keep your internet going. It's the little things.......Tall walls make good neighbors.

We have Apple orchards surrounding my property, late summer it's like party time in the trees til midnight then they go home, throw all their beer bottles out their car windows in the ditches & all thru the orchards... This is a serious case for assimilating to a culture or maybe look at a neighborhood & think, are these my type of people, are they out blasting **** music? We're the streets, yards, homes upkept? or am I going to be a pita to this neighborhood. Well I've been on both sides of that, Seattle can fuckin kiss my *** 98.9% uptight twats. Central WA, nice & laid back but people appreciate their stuff & their neighbors. Besides the migrants & really they don't bother me & most are very respectful, so I gives it back

Ahh... Neighbors...

I've lived in the same house for close to 40 years now... and the house next door has had 5 different owners.

When I moved in, the first were OK. Older woman with her gay son and a dog. The dog got into the trash once in a while and that was it. She sold to a single school teacher with a rich boyfriend and my troubles began...

It was all good at first, but she had a son that would come there on weekends when she was gone and raise hell. He would get drunk and play music loud all night and that type of thing. I'd knock on the door and tell him to stop... and he would, but it got old. He mouthed off to my wife through an open window one afternoon not knowing I was standing there and he got a "why don't you come out here and say that?" and of course he didn't.

We had a key to their house (my wife was good friends with them) and I spoke with his Mom a couple times, but was told "You talk to him, he won't listen to me". I told her "You might not like it"... and the day came where he came over, sober, asking for the key so he could get in. I cornered him on my porch and told him how the world works. His Mom later said "You scared him..." and I said "You told me to talk to him". Never heard a peep out of him again.

She sold the house to another couple. No kids... He would mow the lawn in his dockers and a golf shirt type of guy. They were always bitching about my kids... My two boys were pretty decent, respectful kids, but they were boys too. It didn't matter what they did, it just annoyed them. When they got to be teens, they would call the cops... rather than saying something. The cops would come and say "why are we here?" and then go tell the guy to stop wasting their time. He pulled up my property stakes and lied to me about doing it.

He hated my dogs too... Always accusing them of crapping on his lawn. They weren't, but I had to explain several times that a Rottie turd was much larger than the little turd he was pointing at... and where we were standing wasn't his lawn anyway.... I just let him mow it so I didn't have to and if he hadn't pulled up the stakes he'd know that....

He made the mistake of pissing off my son (who was 19 at the time) and his buddy one afternoon when I wasn't there and they had a few words with him. My son's buddy had just come back from Iraq, a wounded vet. I'm not sure to this day what happened, but they said "We just talked to him" and the house had a "for sale" sign on it the next day.

They moved and sold to another couple... They had Harleys and were pretty cool. They only stayed a couple years... I really liked them.

They sold to a gay couple. Nice guys... Keep the place looking real nice and never complain. One of them is in bad health (older guy) and they may move south one of these days, so we'll see, but all is good.

Last edited:
I never had any issues with any of my neighbors (not counting when I was younger and living with my parents, of course) so I guess we all know what that makes me

When we moved into this house, about 5 years ago one day one day Jim came over and introduced himself
I had the duster outside and Jim was looking it over
He has a gorgeous 69 dart which sounded just like mine when I had the summit exhaust on it

Well, as we're chatting he brings up John
John lives in between me and Jim and "John doesn't like loud cars"

About 6 months later, John had moved out

(By his own account he moved into an apartment to not have to do yard work anymore)

Neighbors...probably told this before but the neighbors that used to live across the street were Ma Barker and her boys. All of 'em delinquents (sp?) and the mom was a drunk. She'd have young people over every weekend and cops 2-3 times a month to tell them to shut it down. last straw was a complete car load of Taco Bell trash emptied on my lawn one morning. I took it and threw it on her doorstep and knocked, waking her *** up at 0730 in a Sunday and told her to please keep her sons trash off my lawn. She had the respect (on a Sunday I guess) to send her boy over and apologize to me and tell me it wouldnt happen again. She left (or was run out by the bank) and they hauled 3 motor homes out the back of her property. I still cant figure out how they got them out! Found them abandoned, parked half mile away in a Stater Brothers parking lot. The street threw a BBQ after we found they had gone for good. My buddy bought a wi-fi jammer from China and keeps shutting his neighbors cameras down as they are pointing into his backyard and he built his driveway so it drains onto my friends property. Yeah, dont piss a phone guy off if you wanna keep your internet going. It's the little things.......Tall walls make good neighbors.

Couple of things... food for thought...

1. In most places it's illegal for point a camera at someone's property without consent. TX drone flyers can be fined up to $5k per image they capture that has PII (personal identifying information).
2. In ALL places, in the US, it's illegal to jam a signal....

-=C

I've got pretty cool neighbour's. Zoom in on middle right side of pic. St. Clair River.
20210227_152458.jpg

When I bring a parts car home on the trailer, my neighbors always come over and ask about it. One is a GTO guy, the other an old school Oldsmobile boat racer. The neighbor next door came over yesterday and gave me a bottle of bourbon for plowing his driveway, and the other gave me a card with a $100 Home Depot gift card for plowing his. Yea, my neighbors are all good folks!

When I bring a parts car home on the trailer, my neighbors always come over and ask about it. One is a GTO guy, the other an old school Oldsmobile boat racer. The neighbor next door came over yesterday and gave me a bottle of bourbon for plowing his driveway, and the other gave me a card with a $100 Home Depot gift card for plowing his. Yea, my neighbors are all good folks!
Sounds like they got a pretty good neighbor too!

That reminds me of when I was little, I was the only one of my friends who didn't have bad friends

Neighbor Disputes: What you can do to Stop Your Neighbor’s Nuisance | Tobener Ravenscroft LLP.

NEIGHBOR DISPUTES: WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP YOUR NEIGHBOR’S NUISANCE
This is CA thing- Usually a threat of using this law is enough to stop the BS. I had a rental next door for a few years and once I contacted the owners with this- all the BS and trouble stopped.

Wish that was a VA thing..... I would be all over that.... Very glad to see property owners can combat neighbors who want to ruin the enjoyment of someone's property....

JW

I had a neighbor like that, I decided to clean my shotgun on my back deck, that took care of the problem real quick

My neighbor's relative walked his dog across my lawn and let it crap in front of my front porch. My neighbor comes over and argues with me that his brother didn't do it. Showed him the crap and the camera footage. Now all of a sudden I have a problem with HOA and code enforcement. Never an issue before. Got a notice for an unregistered car and having a trailer in yard. Even though car is on a trailer and and trailer has a temporary tag on it being moved in a couple of days.

I swear that's why the big guy made it one of the commandments he knew we all would have neighbors like that! I have one too.
At first it wasn't so bad we got this new neighbor last year who was a single woman in her late 50s and she was kinda needy at first, always asking for favors which I didn't mind im a nice guy and don't mind helping out. So I fixed her water heater and her electrical fuse box. And mowed her yard for her. But then it got demanded. And she would be pissed off if I didn't deliver right away. Last July I worked a crap ton of overtime I had 3 days off the entire month of July. So mowing was the last thing on my mind. Well one day after work i was working on my car and she came up and said, its been a while since you mowed! I said yes i been working alot and having had time, this ***** had the nerve to say, well you have time to work on your car! I said yep because that's more important! She said can I borrow your mower to mow mine? I said absolutely not! She said well all I have is a push mower, I said well you better get to pushing then! And I never mowed it again. There was several more confrontations then I just started ignoring her. I told her not to step foot on my property and don't speak to me lol

LOL! reminds me of way back when I was young and lived in an apartment. i got drunk and put on Alice coopers greatest hits on a cd plyer and passed out. the neighbor said the next day "if I ever hear the song "I'm 18" again I'am going to scream...":) Apparently the CD kept repeating over and over all night long...

Last edited:
My new neighbors are really beginning to annoy the crap out of me. I can tolerate the screaming little kids and to dog that doesn't stop barking. However, every evening like clock work my neighbor asks "alexa" or what ever it is to play Fleetwood Mac "Dreams". The first couple times it didn't bother me, but for three straight weeks everyday. It's becoming very annoying!

What makes it worse is I can't stand any post Peter Green Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks for that matter.

Done venting.
I have had my fill of shitty neighbors over the decades.
A wise man once said" It does not matter if you live on one acre or million acres you will always have an asshole for a nieghbor".

I have had my fill of shitty neighbors over the decades.
A wise man once said" It does not matter if you live on one acre or million acres you will always have an asshole for a nieghbor".
That and as you get older a persons "assholery" stands out more or I seem to notice it more anyway...just yesterday I was at Lowes, with a flat cart with 10 bags of topsoil on it to do some patchwork in my lawn. This cart was "kind of heavy" and I started pushing it toward the checkout counter, There was an older fella, say 65 saw me heading there and sped up t p cut in front of me in line, he then looked over his shoulder to see if I was going to say something about it. He knew he was being an asshole. I don't have time for altercations so I am thinking, "go ahead ya old coot you are in a hurry I'm not..." he the proceeds to tie up the cahier by paying with three gift cards. i think I got out of there quicker with my debit card.

One mans junk is another mans treasure.......that CA law mentions "..accumulation of excessive garbage and junk in the neighbor’s backyard". The garbage is self explanetory, but the "junk in the backyard" could be seen as an old Chevy hulk your parting out, or even a car that is non operational parked in your driveway. In CA, even if the car is parked on your property and can be seen from the street (eg. driveway) and is NOT registered, it can be cited. Be careful what you wish for, you may get it! We sure did in CA and many are regretting it.

One mans junk is another mans treasure.......that CA law mentions "..accumulation of excessive garbage and junk in the neighbor’s backyard". The garbage is self explanetory, but the "junk in the backyard" could be seen as an old Chevy hulk your parting out, or even a car that is non operational parked in your driveway. In CA, even if the car is parked on your property and can be seen from the street (eg. driveway) and is NOT registered, it can be cited. Be careful what you wish for, you may get it! We sure did in CA and many are regretting it.
The town I grew up in, you couldn't have an old car in the back yard that was unregistered. If you "built a garage around it" that was ok.

Two things I've learned about neighbors:
1) Don't complain about junk in their yard if yours isn't spotless (more on that).
2) If you have no crazy neighbors, then you are the crazy neighbor.

One of our former customers came in and told us about a neighbor he and his brother had living between them. They fussed to the county about how messy his place was (yard not mowed, old shed deteriorating) and that he needed to clean it up. Well, the neighbor fussed about their messes (old cars and parts) and the county gave all three one month to clean up the properties. They couldn't have more than 2 or 3 vehicles on the property that weren't tagged (I think that's bs) and all the car parts had to be hauled off of put in buildings. After he left, Dad looked at me and said "I guess he should have kept his mouth shut."

Then there was the horrible neighbor living in my buddies college rental house. Not paying, always making trouble and hassling the other neighbors. Finally my buddy asked if we would help teach him a lesson, or better yet get rid of him. So, we had a little jam session, and turned our amps towards the shared wall. We then spent the next 45 minutes or so playing Ted Nugent Great White Buffalo, with our buddy Doug on the lead guitar. Man, that boy can stretch out a lead, so after about an hour there was a knock on the door, it was the neighbor.....”you win, I’m moving out in the morning”. Chalk up one for the Motor City Madman, and Ted Nugent too!

-
Back