Another 70 swinger-340 road trip..maybe.

-

70Swinger340

Reaction score
My wife and I are thinking of a 2nd 70 340 4spd swinger purchase. What we are looking at is what I think could be called a survivor,I say this because the car is bone stock original with under 100,000 (not 100% sure ) miles on the clock. Was painted about 11yrs back in southern California.Owner says it is numbers matching and will verify. Shows not too bad, straight good glass,rebuilt tranny,decent black interior,and a strong running 340. It is showing some small bubble rust in a few areas and under the rocker panel just in the area under the quarter window, road side. Now there is a perk to this purchase, the seller has complete a 70 340 6 pack to go with the car which I'm sure these cars were not offered with. Being new to these "A" body cars and not wanting as always to pay more than it's worth, roughly what could be a fair price for the car as is. My research seems to fluctuate based on how original and or how the car is restored so I am a little unsure of fair value. Open to your thoughts on this one. Thanks Jeff

a survivor would not have a repaint, do you have any pictures?

Correction on the survivor,should have just left as all there.haha.I did have some picture on my phone that I've lost searching for the copies. Try and post them soon.

Pics,Not sure if this will work but give it a shot. I think I see something wrong in the one picture.

Attachments

• Plum crazy purp1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Plum crazy 3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Plum crazy 4.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 206
It's hard to make a call on this one without some more detailed photos and info, but i'll go out on a very big limb here and guess $7,000 to $10,000. Add an extra grand for the 6 pak setup if it's ready to bolt on and use as is with air cleaner.
Maybe more, maybe less, it all depends on the real condition of the car. It sure looks like a driver to me, not a survivor. It actually looks a little rough around the edges to me.
The blacked out engine compartment is usually a big red flag, as well as the tires look too small for the car.
Just my 2 cents.

Is it just the 6 pack set up or a complete motor? Is that the original color and did it come with the wing? If so that helps the value alot. If it is a complete 340w/6pk thrown in with the car worth every bit of 10grand.

The 6 pack was on the car when purchased, the original 340 intake also came with the car when this owner bought the car. He pulled the 6 pack off in favor of the 4bbl and also I believe for antique plates? He also installed the wing. It has also had the front suspension rebuilt and some other things to pass out of province inspection for insurance.

-
Back