Another 76 Brazilian Hardtop

-
Great Job. I spend quite a bit of time in Brazil in Sao Jose dos Campos, if you are ever in the area drop me a PM.

I had the interior for my 69 fast back made by a local shop in SJC. I removed the seat skins packed it all in a very large bag and they used them for templates. Got a shop in California to install. Dont have any pics in the car but this is what the skins looked like.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 211
nice seats cover

Great Job. I spend quite a bit of time in Brazil in Sao Jose dos Campos, if you are ever in the area drop me a PM.

I had the interior for my 69 fast back made by a local shop in SJC. I removed the seat skins packed it all in a very large bag and they used them for templates. Got a shop in California to install. Dont have any pics in the car but this is what the skins looked like.

Very nice seat covers!!!
I'm keeping my seats as they are right now, at least for a few months.
Too much to $do$ (specially on mechanics), and I'd rather put it on the street soon, even if not 100%.

São Jose dos Campos is far from where I live (Blumenau/Santa Catarina), so it's a bit difficult to show up there...

Some more assembly pics.

Love this grille, although it cracks like creamcrackers...
View attachment DSC08352.jpg

View attachment DSC08375.jpg

View attachment DSC08376.jpg

View attachment DSC08380.jpg

Here you can see a "stain" on the cowl panel, close to the windshield gasket.
The man who instaled the windshield got me a "nice" scratch there, tried to fix it, an burned through the clear coat.
Not good.
View attachment DSC08382.jpg

View attachment DSC08387.jpg

View attachment DSC08389.jpg

Front turn signals
View attachment DSC08394.jpg

View attachment DSC08407.jpg

View attachment DSC08422.jpg

Man, that is one dee-licious de luxo!

Fit and finish look better than factory.

Looks awesome man. I wish I could start reassymbly, but I think it will have to wait until after the holidays, just too much to do. But your build inspires me and I'm chompin at the bit to get movin like you.

Some time ago I stated to myself: "I won't tell people ANYTHING I intend to do, until it is oficially acomplished!".
I should have hung on to that more firmly.
I got excited about the progress on the car, started thinking "ok, there's nothing to go wrong from now on, guess I'm gonna show people some progress!"

Aaaannnnnd all goes south, again.

When life gets in the way, it gets in the way BAD.

Some pics of not much progress...going to finish body assembly, as thats the $agreement$ I have with the shop, but engine and mechanics will have to wait, a lot.

Finally found some decent windlace...
View attachment DSC08398.jpg

Some gauges, as brazillian Mopars had only "idiot lights".
View attachment DSC08484.jpg

View attachment DSC08486.jpg

View attachment DSC08490.jpg

View attachment DSC08492.jpg

More trim polishing...
View attachment DSC08506.jpg

Some cheapo carpet I got just to get the floor black. As I have quite a bit to $do$ on the car, I din't want to spend with this kind of stuff. The molded carpet you have up there gets here for US$ 420,00, that's what I mean.
View attachment DSC08539.jpg

View attachment DSC08538.jpg

This is another Dart that showed up there to get windows instaled.
This one is a 1973 brazilian run, extremely original except for wheel color and size (stocks were 14"x 5,5", these are 15" x 6" at the front and 8" at the rear, an they were originally argent gray).
View attachment DSC08441.jpg

View attachment DSC08470.jpg

Nice ...That DODGE emblem ... where does it mount Grill ... Trunk ?... is it a repop ... NOS ...... wonder if it is same p/n that is for a 69 Swinger ... front hood or trunk lid emblem?...Does anybody know if those DODGE emblems are repoped?

That emblem pictured is already instaled...
On 1973 Brazilian Darts, thats exactly where it is mounted, and the correct pattern.

Now I wouldn't know about the north american ones...

-
Back