Another A-body to reappear

-

varmintjcl

Reaction score
Accidentally ended up with a new project, so I've begun by looking through all these sites & trying to decide where I'll begin this undertaking. I happened on a 440 w/727 outa a 74 Chrysler with 60,000 mi donated to me for the project, so I’ll be looking to upgrade that after I determine exactly what it is as far as heads, etc.
In the early 80’s I did a 68 Charger R/T 440 magnum frame off then turned around & sold it for ½ what I had into it. Last I had heard it had been crashed & undergoing another resto. I won’t do that again!!!
I presently own a 78 “Little Red” that only comes out occasionally, but I
‘m thinking this project might be more fun to drive. Anyway here’s the first shots after bringin it home.

Graphic1.jpg

That's a good one, I'll have to remember to use that next time I get a new project and the wife asks, what's that car doing in the driveway? It was an accident honey :toothy7:

Seriously though, welcome to the forum, I'm building a Duster too :thumbup:

Welcome and good luck! I remember taking a ride in a lil Red as a teen when mine dad sold them at a dealer. They were cool!

Thanks for the welcomes
nother shot from rear angle, planned on new quarters, but a friend who does some body work says "no way, you're gonna learn how to straighten that". So we'll see what kind of teacher he really is if he can get me to straighten it.

Graphic2.jpg

Look's like a good one to me.
Lets get started.
Oh and welcome to this great place I call home.

he said frame off resto on a unibody lol. :toothy7: J/K nice starting point. wish they looked that good here in the northeast.

bentsixscamp said:
he said frame off resto on a unibody lol. :toothy7: J/K nice starting point. wish they looked that good here in the northeast.

Well you got the idea, I stripped the Charger to the frame rails, & had to replace at least 1 frame rail during that resto, so i DID technically have the frame off, so there.

Oh, & on the Duster prep has started with all the steel in the shop this weekend building a rotisserie from plans downloaded from another site.

nice project!!!Welcome varmintjcl.I'm dreamin with a duster project lol!I'm seriusly thinking on import one.Good luck with your !!

:toothy5: Welcome from Canada! No rust? dents are easy to fix! looking foreward to progress reports and pics!

-
Back