Another Aussie Charger

-

360 Charger

Reaction score
G'day Guys,
Heard about you from another forum in Australia. Had a look around and thought that I could get some great advice from the Mopar fanatics on this site. We end up buying nearly all our parts from the US anyway!!!

Some details about my Mopar but she is a work in progress. (aren't they all)
She's a 1973 Valiant Charger

Drivetrain
360 with a few mods (40thou over, ported J heads, Crane Bump 282 bump stick, Edelbrock air Gap, Holley 750DP, Mopar Chrome HEI, Extractors into twin 3"exhaust, 5 core aluminium radiator with twin thermos, Gilmer Belt drive)
727 with stage 2 shift kit and 3000 stally
3.55 diff
Combo good for a lazy 320HP at the wheels

Suspension
Nolathane front end , 28mm sway bars, Rancho adjustable shocks all round, Lowered 1'1/2" with 17" Torq thrust II's

Interior - original except for Stratos seats

Let us know what you think.

Neale

hvvc3.jpg

side.jpg

bigred3602.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg

berrima3.jpg

360vj.jpg

Welcome to FABO 360 Charger. Man thats a nice looking car you have. The wheels and paint make it, great combo.
There is a lot of great A body guys here, when you need advice this is the place to be (although when you have a car like that, you might be asked to give a advice)

That is very cool. I really love the interior. That console is really sharp, much nicer than the stock A-body. The wrap around dash is wicked, and I like the cap on the tuff wheel. That is one machine I would love to have..

Grant

Welcome 360 charger!!
That is one A grade charger man.
I hope you hang around and enjoy this great site!
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some
good folks too.
You have a showstopper there, I have never seen one in person.
Jump on in and enjoy 360 charger!!

Beautiful Charger!Have always loved the Aussie "A"..

Only one problem though.

Ya put the steering wheel on the wrong side!

I suppose thats because you guys live upside down...lol!:)

I just bought mine to South Africa, also a rebuild, total rebuild, yeesh!

Nice ride. The 71's actually work-thought at one stage they'd be too big.
I had 16' TS wheels but am going to go 17 now.

Whats the deal with the gilmer, how does it handle????

Welcome - Your Charger would fit right at home at COTM :-D- (I just got through looking at Issue #6 of your Chrysler Action).

Man, that is so awesome.....for some reason, it looks too small to have a 360 in it.....or a V-8, that is. Are they lighter than our A-bodys?

..never come across one of these..I didn't know Chrysler made them but if you guys buy cars in boxes with instructions (Vauxhalls) then you are allowed to have really cool looking MOPARs..

Welcome aboard.

Ian.

They are a fastback A-body and weighed 3010 lbs.

Mainly came with a Hemi 265 (an all Australian straight six engine based on a US truck engine), the best version of which was the e49 six pack which had 3x45mm dual throat side draft webbers producing 302bhp straight off the showroom floor.

0-60 in 6.1

They handle quite well for the time but are very light in the tail.

Other options were the e55 with the 340 or v8 360 option.

A little history on Aussie muscle car racing:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kinW9Q1OxoY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 1972 South Pacific Touring Car Series Warwick Farm Part [1/3][/ame]

Man, that is so awesome.....for some reason, it looks too small to have a 360 in it.....or a V-8, that is. Are they lighter than our A-bodys?

Love the avatar - you've got one gorgeous looking car - very jealous.

To give you an idea on size these are very close to the Dart - in fact actually a little wider. The engine bay will easily take a 440 with extractors - not a common conversion as the Aussie road authorities are kill joys and they deem 440 cubes too much for a 3500lb car - go figure. Still nothing wrong with 408 small block...will put most of the Aussie Ford and GM stuff to shame.

Cheers

AWESOME styling on that ride. The more I look at the pix I can see elements of a Javelin, Barracuda, late 60's Nova (grill), late 70's Trans Am dash.... It's like taking all of my favorite cars and blending them all together! I love the upswept tail. Ditto on Night Riders comment...I would love to have one of those things. I would just have to learn to ride the outside rail to be sure I didn't have a head on collision with that right side wheel! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

-
Back