Another Barn Find(sorta)

-

bonestockduster

ITakesAMoparToCatchMopar
Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago i scored a 71 dodge demon for 200 bucks. its an cheaply made car(good thing) cause no power teering, no power brakes, drum brakes, No carpet, just floor mats, and sticker emblems. The cool part is that its factory B5 blue, no vinal top, bench seat, 318, heres the cool part, 3-speed on the floor, bench seat car. AM radio, Regular dash, Not Ralley dash. ats got an 8 3/8 rear under it also.

The story goes like this. I sold my 73 Duster too some kid, then we became buddys, then he decides too move here in tucson. then this one day he comes over and i showed him a model of a 71 demon that i had. Then he says," Dude! I know where one of those are! Just sitting there at a house that burnt down along time ago!Its Back In Ajo." Im like'"Really?!" You know who owns it?" Hes like yeah. so i talked too dad too take a trip too ajo. He said yeah. soo we left sunday morning......Ran over a rabbit..... Then We got there, looked at it, took pictures, then went home. Dad liked it. Of course we waited till nexted weekend. then we got a trailer and made a trip there too get it. heres the fun part, trying too get it on the trailer. Got there, pulled the trailer in the alley. Dad says" There is know way where getting that car on the trailer anytime soon.

Soo about an hour later, trying to figure out how too get the car out there. A guy in a tractor came up and said," Need help?" Soo what he did was moved th 65 Galixie foreword, then draged the demon out and put it in front of the trailer, Now Dads already in a bad mood,Anyways, We hook the cable under the car too put it on the trailer, and yeah the trans lever was broke so there was no way of moving it anyway, so dad went under the car and moved the lever into neutral. and dads cranking the wench and dads worried about the cable breaking, and of course the trailer was not his thats why he doesnt want too break it. soo.... we left the car there and headed back too tucson. and we didnt leave empty hand. we bought the 4-speed from it for 100 bucks.

anyways a day went buy and dad said," You still want that car?" And i siad yea. soo we got the trailer again, and made a trip back up there got the car on the trailer this time and left. Too this day, we 1. Still dont have the title too it.2. the guy wont answer his phone. And 3. Well, i dont know a number 3. but we got the car home(finally). it has some normal rust like on the bottom of the quater panals. i sanded verything down too bear metal, and primered it cause it did have some dark surface rust on it. but thats done. now, trying too get a title. But Thats my story of how i got the car. please leave commets. :wav: :toothy7:

I will read about it tomorrow! I just read Captain Kurks story and my eye's are tired.

very nice..hjard to find gems like this in FL...everyone lives too close together :'(

Thanks for the replys guy. i already started working on it. i sanded itall down andprimed it. the motor turns over and stuff. the only light that works is the right tail light. haha

If you can't get title from guy and the car isn't stolen you can get a title from Broadway Title in Alabama. It costs around $150. Mike

Glad you got it home and got some work dun already.
Sorry to here about the rabbit though, {A little hair got in your way}. :blob:
Hope a title comes home soon for ya. :coffee2:

Shhhh!!!

PHOTO DELETED

PLEASE DONT POST SUCH PICS - SOME PEOPLE ACCESS FROM WORL

Well I finally got a title for it after........3 months. Went to the DMV and did all that stuff to get an abandoned title and got it. After running around town of course.

I paid $800 for this 340/auto/bucket seat car less engine and trans.

demon4.jpg

I parted a 72 Duster 318 car so I have most everything to put it together.

You might have that for a while Mark. I know I spoke with you about the car when you were first going to get it. Looks like a good start for a 340-4 gear clone. I was very interested at the time.

Good luck with the sale.

demon4.jpg

demon4.jpg

72 with a Snorkel scoop like on your car.

Anyways, what's up? Haven't talked to you in a while...

eh sameo. Working on cars. and trying too make room for more. At least i got a title for the car tho. At least thats done. Ive never really liked the 72's. I think it was because of the grill. I liked the 71 Because of the divider in the middle. Nice score tho. What ever happened to that one car you got for free but you felt bad and gave him 150 for it.

Still have it and it runs great!!!

Needs a ton of work though. The wiring in it is brittle. They insulationis cracked all over the place in the engine compartment.

Yeah I don't like the 72 granny grille either...

How much do you think my demon is worth. be honest.

It's worth the rear end ~$500, plus the scoop ~$150, 4/3spd conversion parts~$300, steering column ~$200, plus the car ~$600

That's about $1750

You could probably get the $1750 easier by parting those parts out of it.

-
Back