another cam question

-

tyler1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have got a 340. 69 block .30 over with stock dome style pistons, ported j heads, eddy performer rpm intake and I purchased a holley street avenger 670cfm carb. the car currently has a comp extreme energy 260 cam. I am new to engine building And would like to have a streetablw cam that still makes great power. I am wanting a choppy idle and was I had planned on buying a hotter cam before I install my motor. do toy guys have any suggestions? I'm willing to sacrafice a little driveabilty for power since it is not my daily driver. It's also 9.5/1 compression.

Have you used Comp Cams Cam Quest program? You can download it free from their website.

What gear ratio, tire size and stall converter do you have now and/or would you be willing to change to?
How far are the heads ported and to what lift?

What gear ratio, tire size and stall converter do you have now and/or would you be willing to change to?
How far are the heads ported and to what lift?

Im not sure about the heads, i was just told they had a mild port job when i purchased the motor. I currrently have a stock stall but i am willing to go with a 2500-2800 stall. I will also be running 3.91 gears.

-
Back