Another Champion Radiator thread

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a EC374 radiator. It's the Champion 26" 2 row. 171.99 shipped (ebay). They claim it cools up to 450 hp (Hmmmm). My Duster has a 26" 2 core radiator, as it was the factory A/C (now M.I.A.). I have the 22" 2 row Champion in my other Plymouth, with no issues in 2 years. I went this way instead of the 3 row radiator because I wanted to be sure I had plenty of room for the clutch fan. I'll report how it turns out...

I'm probably going to have to upgrade my cooling system after the swap. I'll be watching!

I broke in my 360 today with an AE374 from challengergary, (took one day to get by the way!!!). Ran the engine for 25-30 minutes and never got over 190. Mild build lower compression engine in a 67 Dart. Just to let you know of a good experience with same type of radiator.

Got the new Champion 22" radiator in with the electric fans. Seems to be working great.
My temps got up to 195 today in some stop and go traffic. Cruising at 55 mph they
stay around 185.

The fans come on at 185.

Attachments

• NewRad001.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 342
nice looking setup Tony sure looks a lot shinier than my 4 year old version , mine has 30k miles on it including 4.5 cross country runs in blazing prairie heat so hot my starter was constantly overheating before the swap to a mini and the engine itself has never even come close to overheating . Great product at a great price .

nice looking setup Tony sure looks a lot shinier than my 4 year old version , mine has 30k miles on it including 4.5 cross country runs in blazing prairie heat so hot my starter was constantly overheating before the swap to a mini and the engine itself has never even come close to overheating . Great product at a great price .
Thanks!

I think I'm gonna like it.

Is there a version of the 26" 3-row that still fits in the A-body? I know I have a CC374 from a few years ago that fit, but we'll need a radiator for my friend's Demon that we are building soon.

-
Back