Another Dearlership Closing

-

moparman1

Reaction score
Gm And Chrysler Dealer Ship Closing End Of Month, My Son Will Be Out Of A Job. Was Told That Gm And Chrysler Were Going Under. Anybody Heard Anything About That.

Sorry to hear about your son losing his job but as far as GM and Chrysler going under, that's been talk for the last few months. Haven't you heard Obama's bailout plan offers money to ailing auto manufacturers?

Boy I hope so. The federal government needs to demand repayment of all monies LENT to these dinosaurs as first payment when the assets are liquidated. If these companies weren't top heavy, arrogant, inefficient, poorly run organizations, they wouldn't be in this predicament. The government should not interfere with the normal business cycle and reward poor management. But I doubt there is a politician from either party that has the testicular fortitude to stand up for whats right (handing tax dollars to private companies is not right).

Sorry to hear your son might lose his job, lots of us are hurting. But continuing the failed business practices that got us here won't help.

Gm And Chrysler Dealer Ship Closing End Of Month, My Son Will Be Out Of A Job. Was Told That Gm And Chrysler Were Going Under. Anybody Heard Anything About That.

My sister said she heard that so she went and got ripped off at a Volkswagen dealership. ](*,)

Boy I hope so. The federal government needs to demand repayment of all monies LENT to these dinosaurs as first payment when the assets are liquidated. If these companies weren't top heavy, arrogant, inefficient, poorly run organizations, they wouldn't be in this predicament. The government should not interfere with the normal business cycle and reward poor management. But I doubt there is a politician from either party that has the testicular fortitude to stand up for whats right (handing tax dollars to private companies is not right).

Sorry to hear your son might lose his job, lots of us are hurting. But continuing the failed business practices that got us here won't help.

Hey, I have a wagon wheel business that wont support my $1,000,000 salary and my 250,000 quarterly bonus, where's MY bailout??? ya know...just till business picks up :angry7::snakeman:

Let them fail....let us adapt. I've lost jobs due to outsourcing and it's pretty scary but I managed to come out ok because I'm willing to work and ANY paying job is not below me.

Bailout = Insanity:
3 a: extreme folly or unreasonableness b: something utterly foolish or unreasonable

The facts are Fiat acquired a 35% ownership of Chrysler and Fiats small cars will be sold in the US under the Chrysler banner. Chrysler has been consolidating dealerships for a while now. My son was the service manager at a small Dodge dealer, the franchise was pulled and moved down the street to a dealer that was selling Chrysler and Jeeps so all three brands are under one roof.

GM is planning to dump Pontiac, Buick, Hummer and Saab, plus they are looking for a buyer for Saturn but nothing is firm. This will leave them with Chevy, GMC and Cadillac. There has been a lot of speculation about trucks, will they all be GMC or will GMC specialize in large trucks only leaving the light duty stuff to Chevy.

I think our country is in this mess because elected government officials ("the so called experts") never learned simple arithmetic. GM, Ford and Chrysler will probably have to file for chapter11 reorganization. Throwing more money at their internal financial problems won't fix 'em. It's really sad to watch the fear in people while their financial world is collapsing around them. Let's hope we make it through this "CRAPPY ECONOMIC MESS!" JMO

I know this sounds crazy, but i work at the local Chevrolet dealership's bodyshop. The pontiac and GMC dealer in town is closing down 3-14-09. I hate this so bad as i have friends that work there. Hate to see anyone working lose thier job. I know its not going to get any better any time soon. And if we don't stop throwing money into sinking ships it may never get better. How does a country or government that is in the hole a 100 trillion dollars give money to anyone?????????????????????
Matt

I worked in a body shop of a Dodge dealer for years...until about 8 months ago. Business had been slow and the manager came back one day and just said "they are closing the shop in two weeks, so finish up what you are working on". I took some time off to finish some projects around the house, and to take care of my wife's 94 year old grand mother...who now finally got into a nursing home. Quite a few body shops close around here, so now there are alot of guys fighting for few jobs.

Here where I live it is the Motor home industry that is in trouble. I worked for one of them until I got layed off 6 months ago. And heard on the news the other day that one of the other companies had let go 2000 workers and are closing down for good if they don't find someone to buy them or get a loan.. That hit this area big time as that was one of the biggest thing around here. And allot of small business are gone because they relied on them. I think it will get worst before it will get better

-
Back