Another great decision by Chrysler

-
Who gives a rat's butt?

That SUCKS! I'd love to get my hands on just one of something like that......

Why couldn't those cars be refurbished by Mopar, and then sold? Un-sellable? BULLSHIT!!! Specially a Viper.......... need I say more?

I can at least say I got to drive one, it was one of the first GTS models sold in my area, all the owner said before I left for about a 5 minute drive was, "Don't rev it past 5500, other than that, have fun!" Boy did I! :D

The guy's driveway had to be at least 1000 feet long and had bends in a few spots, you can see where he has taken blasts up and down the driveway judging by the tire marks at the bends where he would slide it around a bit.

But to crush a perfectly fine car even if it's for educational purposes? Blasphemy!

That SUCKS! I'd love to get my hands on just one of something like that......

Why couldn't those cars be refurbished by Mopar, and then sold? Un-sellable? BULLSHIT!!! Specially a Viper.......... need I say more?

Some of those were prototypes. The hardtop viper didn't go into production until after 94, either 95 or 96.

Sometimes on prototype cars they mount many things for testing. They drill holes in the vehicles that may eventually fatigue and make the structure weak. Being that we live in the "sue happy" days where people like to sue for easy money and the courts GIVE IT TO THEM, they scrap any prototype cars to avoid any liability suits.

They donated these to the schools for educational purposes. One of the "rules" that they had to agree to is not to drive them on public roads. Some of the schools violated that agreement, now they have to take them back before someone takes another one on the road and gets in an accident, then Chrysler can be held responsible and get sued....

This is what our court systems have come to. So now a "few bad apples ruin it for the rest of the bunch".

Sounds like the work of a drop-kick corperate lawyer and a drop-kick bean counter....it's always about money.....it's about fvckien time that **** stopped world fvcken wide......greedy ba5tards.

My 5 cents.........since we don't have 2 cent coins.

If it was a vette they'd send a seal team in to rescue it..lol...expect to see some of the drivetrains appear in some streetcars somewhere down the road..if I was the 'students' who were dismantling these cars,would rip out drivetrains and put in some smblk chevy motors for the crusher....but yes it is a shame for them to meet their demise this way

no big deal to me...

perfect example of a couple idiots ruining it for everyone. it cost chrysler millions in a lawsuit. i'd have them crushed if i was fiat too...
School officials say Chrysler told them two of the 93 early Vipers given to schools had been involved in accidents by joyriding students, creating a major liability for Chrysler.

never intended for the street..

Of those 93, the Viper at SPSCC stands out. It was the fourth Viper ever built, with a prototype hard top years before Dodge offered a production version. With no emissions controls, and no speed limiter, the V-10 can make 600 hp, and school instructors say it could be worth $250,000 to a museum or private Viper fan.

I watched it on the news this morning, I wounder why they did not at least remove the wheels and tires and some of the usable parts first abodyjoe ?

It's a pre production, training car. It can't even be licensed and wasn't built to production standards.

I don't see the big deal.

I watched it on the news this morning, I wounder why they did not at least remove the wheels and tires and some of the usable parts first abodyjoe ?

probably in the original agreement with chrysler that they can not remove anything.

-
Back