Another hello from England

-

dartfan

Reaction score
HI everyone

I have recently joined the A body ranks with the purchase of a 1963 dart.

The car is a 2 door hardtop and has been fitted with a 318/904 combo. The car had been imported to the UK from Arizona in 2010 but never UK registered. I took delivery of the car in December 2012 and imeadiately got the car UK registered.

I love it!!

Being an Arizona car the body is totally corrosion free although the interior trim has suffered from the heat, Who do you guys recommend for trim parts? Legendary, Classic Industries, Year One? or is there someone better?

I particularly need seat foam buns, and ALL the weatherstripping on the car.

Looking forward to joining in with the forum

Regards
Rob

Attachments

• 63_Dart_LH_side.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 97
Welcome, Rob! Daaamn....looks like you got some virgin desert Mopar sheetmetal there.....but yeah, the nuclear holocaust interior is part and parcel to that desert package. As far as Year One goes, they are only a middle-man type of company, as far as I know. I bought my seat covers from them, but they were actually Legendary's. Be prepared to dump some serious coin to do up your seats right, with the all new bun cushions etc., plus the installation.

Oh well, at least you won't be fixing rust and praying it doesn't return somewhere else on the body. BTW, I love the way that thing looks!

Welcome. Started out with an Arizona car also. All the plastic and rubber stuff was all rotted from the sun/heat. All the metal was as new. When you order make sure you order as much as you can from one supplier at the same time. Cuts down on shipping costs. Also when you are ordering things like gaskets for paint go for the delux kits. They normally include most or all of what you need and cost less than multiple orders. Do lots of research before you order and don't hestitate to ask questions here. Many members are more than willing to help out. Good luck with your resto!

Hi Rob and wellcome, another from England, good, looking forward to meeting you at some car shows in England.
Nice looking Dart.

I got all the weather stripping from guy in Texas and looks good, expensive on shipping and tax.

I need to do the front seats too, I am taking them to a local place this weekend to see what can be done, I will let uou know.

Good luck.

-
Back