Another "innocent" drunk driver becomes a killer

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Th other day some girl in Spokamentro got onto the freeway going the wrong way. Hit several cars including a restored VW ragtop. Hurt the boy scout leader / father really bad, and now he has succumed

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...cle-crash-shuts-down-i90-at-division/35679564

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/30...-90-wrong-way-crash-passes-away-from-injuries

Second drunk caused death in a week

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/oct/07/serious-injury-accident-closes-southbound-lanes-of/

My understanding is that the victim......now dead......was ejected from the VW

8974133_G.jpg

Its bad here too Del. A drunk got convicted of impaired causing 2 deaths. Going wrong way on a 4-5 lane highway. Jail time. .....5 years. Loss of license for 8....what a joke.

I've heard of people on their 10th plus getting busted for DUI. But according to some here its a victimless crime just like drug dealers. This is an epidemic that shows just how little regard people have for others, it truly is a me society.

That needs to change. These people need to be charged with vehicular homicide, and spend some serious jail time.

The problem, though, is how to enforce it? Yeah, people serve jail time, whether it's overnight or years, but when they get out, there is absolutely nothing that prevents them from drinking and getting behind the wheel again. As evidenced by people getting multiple DUI convictions.

And I don't buy the "victimless" crime schtick, either. Regardless if anyone gets hurt, there are still victims. An injury doesn't have to be physical to cause pain. People suffering from emotional injuries, such as the family of the person who got the DUI, are victims too.

That needs to change. These people need to be charged with vehicular homicide, and spend some serious jail time.

I'm certain she will be charged. It still doesn't help the dead or their families.

Th other day some girl in Spokamentro got onto the freeway going the wrong way. Hit several cars including a restored VW ragtop. Hurt the boy scout leader / father really bad, and now he has succumed

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...cle-crash-shuts-down-i90-at-division/35679564

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/30...-90-wrong-way-crash-passes-away-from-injuries

Second drunk caused death in a week

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/oct/07/serious-injury-accident-closes-southbound-lanes-of/

My understanding is that the victim......now dead......was ejected from the VW

8974133_G.jpg
Tell ne about it , my aunt and cousin were killed a few years back in FLA by a drunk going wrong way at over 100mph in a new GTO , he got jail time but we lost 2 great people way to early . Police went after him big time because an officer was hit and injured before he hit my cousins car . I'll never forget that day , or the pics of the accident scene .

65 what about those breathalyzers that are required to start your car? Mandatory after your 2nd on all vehicle that you may drive also paid for by that person. This after paying fines and time in jail plus counseling that you have to pay for. Also if your caught driving a vehicle without that device that vehicle is impounded until you can prove it was absolutely necessary that you you had to drive that vehicle.

Google Marco Muzzo and his skank mom Dawn/Bunny. Marco just killed 3 children and their Grampa while drunk driving. VERY VERY rich family. 1.7 billion $$.
Flying back (private jet) from Vegas for bachelor party. Got to his car after drinking entire flight and killed 4 of same family. I would post a link but cant with my phone.

4spd that family of the victims should now be 1.7billion dollars richer. Not that it would ever come close to bringing back those that were lost but it would go to punish that its me me me crowd and serve as an example.

I worked with a young guy that had several DUI's/ fortunelately he hadn't hurt anyone. I lived out in the country, and would drop him off every day after work at the county jail! his wife picked him up the next a m and took him to work. he spent the entire weekend in jail! this went on for months, then had to blow into the device for his car to start so he could drive to work., after he did his jail time! attorney expenses, all this trouble because he had to drive down the street and drink his beers! luckily he never killed anyone. if people could JUST see the stupidity of it all!!???
one think to drink, its another to drink and drive. as I have said on here before, I've been hit head on by an 80 mph drunk. I have reason for my opinion.

I used to know a would be part time ag pilot / amateur radio friend that was a drunk and probably more. He used to ***** about the cops trolling for guys "just trying to get home from the bar."

I was visiting my parent in Maine. I went to the movies with my sister and while driving back through Bangor Maine a drunk ran a red light and T-Boned me. Luckily I was driving my Chrysler Cordoba and the car sustained a devastating blow we got banged up but nothing too serious. The Cordoba was totaled. The drunk driver didn't have his headlights on and thus we never saw him coming. He never came over to see if we were okay and if I met him today I wouldn't know him. People have to realize drunk driving is a decision you make and if you kill or hurt someone that will stay with you for the rest of your life....

Were going thru this right now with my sister in law.
She has had 2 DUI's in a week and knows how to disable the blow tube on her car. Sobers up and drives to her court mandated piss test and then stops on the way home to buy a bottle of vodka. She really does not care if she hurts or kills someone.

Her family should intervene. Disable the car before she kills someone. Alert the authorities.
My sister died after being hit by a drunk. He got no jail time.

Disabling her car was what I wanted to do but my wife's oldest sister said no.
My wife did e-mail her probation officer but nothing was done. Seams like they don't want to do any preventive policing.
Last night we think she slept in her car. She has been going to the hospital and claiming shes going to hurt herself and they put her in the psyc. ward for a week. Then gets out and drinks. She knows how to play the system.

-
Back