Another lifter question

-

Lars

Reaction score
I was looking at the Comp cams retrofit foller lifters. I didn't realize these were solid lifters. However, if I bought the MP 360 shortblock, which has a cam and no lifters, could I use these lifters safely?

Also, you guys that do have solid lifter cams, how often do you have to adjust the rockers? This would be for my 70 Dart (if I ever get it back together) which would be more strip then street except the nearest track is 70 miles away and I don't own a trailer.

Thanks

I adjust mine in the spring after I have it up to operating temp for the 1st time while it's still hot. I recheck it about July. Usually have 2 to 4 that are out of adjustment by .001" to .002" at the most.

cant tell about the MP shortblock but i gues that it has a hydralic cam in it..
havent needed to adjust the lash on my solidroller camed 340 in almost 3 years now expept for the one time when a puschrod went bad at that time i just changed that pushrod and set the lash and haven touched it since;)

Which short block arre you looking at? The LA based ones will have a std flat tappet cam installed. You cannot run roller lifters of any type on a flat tappet design cam. If it's a Magnum based short, I believe they will have the hydraulic roller type cam installed, but doesnt come with the spider in the valley area and retainers for the lifters. All retro roller packages are hydraulic designs. They are meant to replace a std hyd cam. Solid rollers make big power, but require a little more attention to run,and cam choice for a street driven car needs to be done carefully. Lash normally will need to be checked and re-set about every 5K miles. I do them in the spring, and again if they get noisey or performance changes.

-
Back