Another 'LOL' Craigslist ad.

-
At $15K US funds not that bad of a deal. Looks like some interior work needed but be tough to build that for $15K

At $15K US funds not that bad of a deal. Looks like some interior work needed but be tough to build that for $15K

Agreed.

Not sure if this is one of those outrageous craigslist ads. Price might be a wee bit on the high side, but if the body is straight and rust-free, I'd say he'll probably sell to close to what he's asking.

This is what I was thinking. Also cars are bit more pricey North of the border. So what might sound expensive down there is actually not a bad deal up here.

Bias front, drag radial rear?

Bet that's fun.

Not all that bad maybe $10k...certainly not as laughable as the '73 with the hemi stuffed in it..that i see has ZERO bids..:D:D

I'd drive it. Id also drive the green /6 Duster with the Hemi stuffed under the hood. $20k is a bit high but don't you always start out high? If he really wanted $20,000 he probably would have started at $25,000.

Hmmm I'll have to ask around and find out who it is , I'm personally not crazy about the chivy black engine bay or the ford blue engine but hey to each his own .

Don't like 4 things about it 1. steering wheel 2. column shift still there 3 exhaust tips and 4. the wiring looks amateur = crap

Not an out of this world starting price I don't think, he does say best cash offer. Of course there's the possibililty I'm biased ha ha.

He made some rookie mistakes doing the build, like the engine bay and wiring. Also the car desperately needs the 340 stripes. But these are minor quibbles, I bet here in Southern California he'd get 12K without too much trouble, which puts him at 15K Canadian. So he's in the ballpark, but he's going to come down a bit when he sells.

Me thinks that he has listed it at that price because he doesn't want to sell it. Wife said sell it, and he said, "I'll try." He figured it's worth 12 to 15 Canadian and thought well if some moron will offer 20 then I'll sell it.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

He made some rookie mistakes doing the build, like the engine bay and wiring. Also the car desperately needs the 340 stripes. But these are minor quibbles, I bet here in Southern California he'd get 12K without too much trouble, which puts him at 15K Canadian. So he's in the ballpark, but he's going to come down a bit when he sells.

Me thinks that he has listed it at that price because he doesn't want to sell it. Wife said sell it, and he said, "I'll try." He figured it's worth 12 to 15 Canadian and thought well if some moron will offer 20 then I'll sell it.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

You might be right , his wife might have figured out he spent 40-50 building it !

-
Back