Another Mini tub question.

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I am mini tubbing my 67 Barracuda.I have the tub on the drivers side done,but I need to weld the seat hinge bracket back on.To put the bracket where it needs to be it looks like it wil be forward 3/4-1 inch from it original location.How do you guys fix this?

My thoughts....1.. Modify the tub,maybe cut a hole in the tub and box it in so the bracket will fit in its original location.
2.. Leave the original brackets on the tubs in the original locations, and modify the seat hinge.
3..Make new brakets,weld them to the front of the tubs.Then move the seat foward about 1 inch.

Thanks,Jim

Here is the bracket on the passenger side.I have already removed the seat bracket on the drivers side.

Jim

Attachments

• tub 005.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 278
  • tub 003.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 293
I mini tubbed my 68 fastback .
I left the brackets in the stock location , I plan on modifying the seat back when I get the car back from the body shop. It will have to be narrowed .
I trimmed the back bottom corners on my rear seat frame. It dropped right in .

Most mini tubbed fast backs I've seen have the rear seats moved forward .

I did a minitubb to a 68 barracuda and all i did was cut the one side edge off and maerked the tub where it would go and hammer & dollied it (intented)
set the seat in place and tacked, took out the seat and welded it.
Even with 325 50 15 drag radials it didn't come close to the tire as it was foreward of the tire. you could probibly also cut the sides and recess it. 6 of one way half dozen of another!

I am thinking of doing something like you did Mikey,but I think that would move the seat up about 1 inch.Donny,I don't think I want to modify the seat by cutting it down.Then I would have to modify the new seat cover and I don't know what you would do about the chrome trim.Is there a little extra carpet in the carpet sets to move the seat back up 1 or 1 1/2 inches?

Jim

Attachments

• wheel tub 002.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 195
  • wheel tub 003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 209
I test fit my seat today.The only option I see it to fab. some brackets and move the seat up 3 inches.I sure would like to see what some of you others Guys have done.

Jim

-
Back