Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
Straight Gasser paint, love it!

Actually I cheated. Instead of shooting the metal-flake, I used a roll of vinyl that has a metal-flake print on it. It looks EXACTLY like the real thing but has a smooth surface.

Last edited:
Still playing with the printer...

img_6445-jpg.jpg

img_6446-jpg.jpg

img_6448-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_6445.jpg

View attachment IMG_6446.jpg

View attachment IMG_6448.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to paint the main pinball chassis black. I'll have to move it into another room to get that done.

img_6449-jpg.jpg

For side graphics I chose a dragster. - Then I made a mirror image for the opposite side.

img_6450-jpg.jpg

img_6451-jpg.jpg

I've been working out of the basement so as to avoid the cold temps in the garage.

img_6454-jpg.jpg

Some more experimental images for the table's playing surface. I'm trying to keep it cartoon-ish because the paint program I use is poor at reproducing fine detail when I resize images. Cartoons tend to have less detail.

img_6452-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_6449.jpg

View attachment IMG_6450.jpg

View attachment IMG_6451.jpg

View attachment IMG_6454.jpg

View attachment IMG_6452.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks 61. I wish I could have started with a better pinball machine. They're more fun if you've got knock down targets and fancier options. This one was cheap, beat up, and sort of lame for action. I know it won't be as much fun to play as the one I bought for Teresa but I'm hoping it will at least look cool when it's done.

Last edited:
Ooooh! I love the mini dragsters!

I wasn't sure if they'd look cheesy but most of the newer machines have all sorts of plastic figures on the tables so I thought I'd give it a shot. This table started out looking pretty plain.

Last edited:
Christmas went good, bad, & so-so. Naturally the good is seeing family. The bad is when you choose things for others that they're not too thrilled with. The so-so is the stuff you get for others that can be exchanged or re-purposed.

I got to spend time with Teresa, one of my sisters, my uncle, and my two boys. I don't see any of them often enough. - Even Teresa tends to be gone more than she's here.

Teresa liked everything I got her. I sort of cheated when it came to selecting clothing. - I went shopping with her and had her give me a thumbs up or down on the things she looked at. And she still loves her pinball machine.

My sister has 5 house dogs. I think it's a little nuts, but I guess whatever floats her boat... I was convinced they were Lhasa Apsos so I bought her a book, a calendar. and a pen that I thought were themed appropriately. It turns out that they're all Shih Tzus. Hey, they all look the same to me. Oops!

I'd bought one of my sons a bunch of tee-shirts. I knew he wears size large but I couldn't get most of them in his size so I went with extra large ones hoping they'd still fit. The bad news is that of the six shirts I bought he only wants the one large. I guess I'll have to hope they're available in his size after Christmas is over. The good news is that I now have five new shirts of my own. The shirts were from ROADKILL, KEITH BLACK RACING ENGINES, and HILBORN. Oh well, - not a total loss.

img_6473-jpg.jpg

- Oh, I also got him a ROADKILL cap. He liked it.

img_6477-jpg.jpg

I'd had evil 340 make one of his illuminated custom Scat Pack light boxes for my son and purchased a large L.E.D. clock to attach beneath it. Although he didn't think it wasn't cool, he didn't really want it for his garage. I guess I now have another display for the man cave. He did want the clock though. It's SO hard to shop for some family members! I'd have been more disappointed if it wasn't for the fact I get to keep it. It'll look great next to the pinball machine.

img_6482-jpg.jpg

Now, he really did like the helmets I got him. It was a good time for a photo op. CLASSIC!!

img_6488-jpg.jpg

On the winning side my other son Greg loves all things Husker. Shopping was easier for him and he wanted cash in lieu of just presents.

img_6476-jpg.jpg

img_6478-jpg.jpg

The biggest gift I got was the electric winch. It's an 8500 lb. Superwinch ordered from JEGS. I still haven't figured out where to mount it. Most likely it'll go on the front of the trailer bed but I'll want a cover fabbed over it.

img_6493-jpg.jpg

img_6491-jpg.jpg

I hope everybody else out there had a Merry Christmas and that none of you screwed up on gift selection as much as I did.

View attachment IMG_6488.jpg

View attachment IMG_6493.jpg

View attachment IMG_6491.jpg

View attachment IMG_6473.jpg

View attachment IMG_6477.jpg

View attachment IMG_6482.jpg

View attachment IMG_6478.jpg

View attachment IMG_6476.jpg

Last edited:
You definitely want to keep the winch covered.
Warn sells a soft one that is reasonable and durable, the same cover has been on the front of my Jeep for 8 years now and is still nice, the jeep sits out in all weather.

Who wouldn't want a Roadkill cap?

ROADKILL is probably not well known with the mainstream public but it's got to have a healthy following among gearheads. I wouldn't mind having one of their caps myself.

Last edited:
You definitely want to keep the winch covered.
Warn sells a soft one that is reasonable and durable, the same cover has been on the front of my Jeep for 8 years now and is still nice, the jeep sits out in all weather.

I hate the idea of getting something new & shiny and seeing it get rusty fast. I don't know if I'll buy a cover or build one out of aluminum deck plate to match the front of the trailer.

Last edited:
Super winch sells a factory cover to fit the winch you have.
They most likely will work better than a metal cover because they can breathe and let moisture out vs a metal box.

Super winch sells a factory cover to fit the winch you have.
They most likely will work better than a metal cover because they can breathe and let moisture out vs a metal box.

I just checked and the best price I found was $44.95 at JEGS. I guess it's hard to fab anything without spending about that much or more.

Last edited:
ROADKILL is probably not well known with the mainstream public but it's got to have a healthy following among gearheads. I wouldn't mind having one of their caps myself.

Their attitude towards this whole scene is just so relaxed. They're the reason I'm in this at all.

Their attitude towards this whole scene is just so relaxed. They're the reason I'm in this at all.

They've got what I believe to be one of the most real of the reality car shows. They're a little nuts, seem to be honestly having fun, work on their own cars, and usually do things on a shoestring budget. Unlike most programs, they aren't flipping cars. It's the struggle to get the work done so they can road trip. My only complaint would be that (sometimes) it seems that their work is intentionally crude. I think at times they may be playing up the low buck image too much.

Last edited:
They've got what I believe to be one of the most real of the reality car shows. They're a little nuts, seem to be honestly having fun, work on their own cars, and usually do things on a shoestring budget. Unlike most programs, they aren't flipping cars. It's the struggle to get the work done so they can road trip. My only complaint would be that (sometimes) it seems that their work is intentionally crude. I think at times they may be playing up the low buck image too much.

They are in the magazine business, their budget is likely almost $0. If they went upscale they would have to rely on handouts from suppliers / sponsors and then they would be, or at least accused of being shills. The TV guys have more money to throw around and do take advantage of the advertisers. For example, almost all the Overhaulin episodes highlight sponsor donations as a quid pro quo deal. I think they are making an honest attempt to do things like most of us would have to. I have spent a lot of money on mine, but I could, and it has taken me 10 years to scrape the money together and I have probably at least another year before I will drive the car. When I was younger I did things on a shoestring and sometimes just the way they are doing things. So I feel it is at least honest, authentic, or at least makes an effort to be.

They are in the magazine business, their budget is likely almost $0. If they went upscale they would have to rely on handouts from suppliers / sponsors and then they would be, or at least accused of being shills. The TV guys have more money to throw around and do take advantage of the advertisers. For example, almost all the Overhaulin episodes highlight sponsor donations as a quid pro quo deal. I think they are making an honest attempt to do things like most of us would have to. I have spent a lot of money on mine, but I could, and it has taken me 10 years to scrape the money together and I have probably at least another year before I will drive the car. When I was younger I did things on a shoestring and sometimes just the way they are doing things. So I feel it is at least honest, authentic, or at least makes an effort to be.

I haven't kept up with the last 5 or 6 episodes, but I've downloaded them from YouTube. Some of the things I like most are when they show the blunderous outcomes that often accompany outrageous goals. It seems like they have a good time. Finnegan & Freiburger epitomize what the car culture is really all about.

I keep a computer in the garage so I can look up information & shop for parts online. I've got it hooked to a 40" TV. Often when I'm working in the garage I'll have their videos running in the background. A lot of guys don't realize that you can download & save YouTube videos on your computers. There are a number of free programs out there that allow you to do it. I use the KEEPVID link to do it.

[OFFICIAL] KeepVid: Free convert, edit, compress video online

Last edited:
A lot - most, I think - of the cars they work on actually belong to Freiburger. He must have the best job on the planet. He gets paid to work on his own cars with a buddy.

And to some extent they are sponsored. Dodge, obviously, but also Gear Star, MSD, Wilwood and various other manufacturers keep popping up. They probably get a hefty discount or maybe even free stuff from them. I don't feel that this ruins their credibility, though. It's obvious they're not doing the shows to make money from their sponsors, the sponsors are facilitating what they're doing and make the larger events possible.

The difference between The Guys and the reality show crowd was painfully obvious in the Gas Monkey Garage contest. Pathetic performance from the GMG legal team.

Last edited:
-
Back