Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
Well Spence is on his way to his new home (hopefully temporary) in California. He stopped at the Bonneville Salt Flats along the way. Although I wasn't along for this road trip, he had Cerbie riding shotgun. Apparently there was plenty of room for your favorite German Shepherd to exercise there so Cerbie's Frisbee helped them stretch their legs.
kjmySo7dGNPYwbSGvcU863Wb4Mb-l3jHIcwZdBRYUNScNskQ2J3jlHyBiEk0Tvz_OKJaCOTaR&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg
e7efOKdexiFE4A9edIRa3VLB4AOdJhRkPZLtB1CKur6Gb7dMLxU4HuET11yBYhvOtxbg0aASv&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg
280584701_5583375555014602_6794360242688493477_n.jpg

I don't know if I ever posted the entire evolution of Spencer's SRT8. A few years back he decided to ditch the 20" wheels that were on it for some smaller diameter wheels. That allowed room for a taller sidewall tire. I think it helped give it more of an 'old school' look.

1-jpg-jpg.jpg

img_2566-jpg-jpg.jpg

08&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=rGa40ZB9e2kAX81wA-7&tn=n1Q2b4XSdXhCmpU7&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

Cool pics, John. Curious what led him to California. A job, a woman?

I think it had something to do with wanting an all aluminum Keith Black Hemi and having to sell his soul to the devil to get it.
4492_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Y2Ak5i2TeCEAX_pC79D&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

I think the idea was prompted by his interest in Dodge Demons and the Hellcat.

(actually it was a job)

Things got pretty freaky here this afternoon. All of a sudden the wind began blowing so hard that the dust/dirt in the sky blotted out the sun. We lost power as the rain started. It became pitch black outside. I ran out as fast as I could because I'd left the overhead garage doors open and was afraid the in-rushing air would take the whole building down.

Stuff was flying everywhere. Our yard is littered with everything that'd been stacked behind our house. The wind blew so hard through the scoop of the fiberglass hood of the Barracuda that it tore it apart and broke the hinges and damaged the left fender as half the hood flailed around. I guess I'll be doing more bodywork again.

I should have had things better secured (including the 'Cuda).
5735_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=GLTkzYOrAOYAX_YFurq&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

How bad did the Fish get hurt?

It'll be awhile before I'll assess all the damage. With all the things flying through the air it might have a bunch of dents & dings. (I still hope not) I already see some scuffs in the paint where stuff bounced off the car. The hood is destroyed. I assume I'll be able to repair the hinges that are really bent & twisted. The left fender can be repaired too (you might recall that it is also fiberglass) but I'll probably need to disassemble the whole front end.

I'll spend most of this morning focusing on yard cleanup. That storm really was weird. It seemed like the wind was directed downwards (towards the ground). It produced a massive amount of flying dirt and even moved heavy objects (like cement paving blocks). I think that's why it tore the hood from the 'Cuda. The wind apparently whipped back up off the ground and put so much force beneath to actually cause the hood to burst. - Like I said, - it was REALLY a weird storm.

Teresa snapped a few photos of the massive dirt cloud approaching as she was driving home. It had already struck here.
06&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=6m9m8MHQRFoAX8unejY&tn=n1Q2b4XSdXhCmpU7&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg
02&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=H0p1yHJFN9wAX9Hq7dt&tn=n1Q2b4XSdXhCmpU7&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

Last edited:
VICTORY!!
After failing at so many endeavors I think I've finally found my true calling. - DOG TRAINING

My success rate is 100% at getting Chewie to poop everywhere in the house. Teresa doesn't seem to view this as a positive, but I seldom get to celebrate wins. I'm beginning to think Teresa is becoming one of them 'glass half full' people.

My next goal is to get Chewie to tear up Teresa's slippers. - I think I'll be batting 1000 here!

( - on a side note, how do you know if you've got a concussion after getting hit on the head with a cast iron skillet?)

VICTORY!!
After failing at so many endeavors I think I've finally found my true calling. - DOG TRAINING

My success rate is 100% at getting Chewie to poop everywhere in the house. Teresa doesn't seem to view this as a positive, but I seldom get to celebrate wins. I'm beginning to think Teresa is becoming one of them 'glass half full' people.

My next goal is to get Chewie to tear up Teresa's slippers. - I think I'll be batting 1000 here!

( - on a side note, how do you know if you've got a concussion after getting hit on the head with a cast iron skillet?)

It depends on the size of the cast iron...... Some of the ones my wife has would put me 6' under.

ocIJZU.jpg

Who the heck are you married to Sireland? - The Incredible She-Hulk??

I didn't think they made skillets that big for anybody but cannibals!
She is a good hearted country girl, who loves to cook.

Me and my buddy were up in the garage one evening, and the wife had used a 50' extension cord to vacuum her jeep out.
The extension cord was a tangled up mess when she put it back.

I told my buddy, "I going to give her crap over the way she wrapped that extension cord up"

My buddy said "Just forget about it, I have seen your wife walk barefoot thru gravel in the snow, and not complain she is likely to go ninja country girl on your ***, and my money is on her".

She is a good hearted country girl, who loves to cook.

Me and my buddy were up in the garage one evening, and the wife had used a 50' extension cord to vacuum her jeep out.
The extension cord was a tangled up mess when she put it back.

I told my buddy, "I going to give her crap over the way she wrapped that extension cord up"

My buddy said "Just forget about it, I have seen your wife walk barefoot thru gravel in the snow, and not complain she is likely to go ninja country girl on your ***, and my money is on her".

- a long time ago I realized that I'd probably die shortly after making a joke about Teresa. - not sure if that means I'm a masochist or just a dumb *ss.

- Been a little while since the last post but I've kept busy on a few sideline projects.

A friend of mine had a nice COATS tire balancer but the display screen was shattered. We weren't able to find a replacement so he asked me to reproduce one for him.

I couldn't find an clear accurate image anywhere to copy so I had to use computer paint programs to create a new overlay for the new red plexiglass we would adhere it to.
9883_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=9rVEyOH40wkAX9-EGS9&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

In addition to that our local weld shop is planning to celebrate a 'grand re-opening' in July and wanted it's signs repainted. I had painted them over 30 years ago and they were looking pretty shabby. Originally the colors were vibrant and the lettering had an airbrushed 'chrome' effect.

LOOKING SAD:

286416775_5658936900791800_3957191023995392795_n.jpg

NEW RE-DO (a little simplified):
01&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=4eoiYqw0o9oAX8H0vtw&tn=j33mGmVuOiJyTO4H&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

In an effort to get this thread back towards our car build projects I thought I should post these.

Before they'd shipped us the Hemi from Canada, they'd documented in photos the build process. I thought I'd post some of the pics they'd sent us that I hadn't before.

286218038_5658941274124696_5674116422888867801_n.jpg

6833_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=GB6L3MFBec0AX_UkZdm&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

286266828_5658942157457941_1255940108117950776_n.jpg

8251_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ECeYbhKHQqsAX-WALFJ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

4702_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=bBvNHOhWCaQAX-dI0Fv&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

286045107_5658944237457733_2781605687013762645_n.jpg

9348_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=jBj213oHlZoAX9iEJuy&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

286224383_5658948400790650_6944165445230791303_n.jpg

286359545_5658947967457360_5532170490721408751_n.jpg
286079722_5658947277457429_45259530238046260_n.jpg

I just got a document from the tax board about the motor I purchased from FHO. 2 years later FYI. They want an additional 1700$. For international purchase.

Last edited:
I just got a document from the tax board about the motor I purchased from FHO. 2 years later FYI. They want an additional 1700$. For international purchase.

I'm not sure how much money Spence poured into that motor but I know it was around $30,000 just in the heads/valvetrain. Sticker shock would have put me in the grave long before it was completed. - I might never have that kind of expendable cash but at least I get to play with this stuff when Spence gets it.

I don't remember how much Spence paid for import fees & taxes but I remember him trying to work with them to find the least expensive means. I guess when you've dug a hole half way to China you just keep digging!

Tim works with you , but just having something like that getting shipped makes you nervous I went down to pick it up myself from freight company. I was just shocked that 2 years later I received a notice for the taxes. Thought it was an adit guess it’s better paying taxes then getting audited. Jesse

Tim works with you , but just having something like that getting shipped makes you nervous I went down to pick it up myself from freight company. I was just shocked that 2 years later I received a notice for the taxes. Thought it was an adit guess it’s better paying taxes then getting audited. Jesse

HOLY C-R-A-P!! Do you mean that we might STILL be getting another BILL!! The Hemi arrived last year and I hope Spence isn't going to get hate mail from that a-hole Justin Trudeau!

Yes, unless its just a California thing cannot really say on that. Actually mite just be a California thing. Hopefully you don't i was a surprise to me also.

-
Back