another new best ET

-
Nice, I hope mine runs that good ! With any luck I will find out on Saturday....

My yard back in the mid 80's .440 6 pak 4 speed,4:10 Dana Bee (orig), 440 4 speed 3:54 Dana 72 RR (orig), Lil Red express 340, and old reliable 400 NY.
mycollection9fo.jpg

yeah, i took off the electric fans and put the flex fan on it. then i had to fabricate a shroud. then i put one of the fans back on the front after flipping the blade and reversing the wiring to make it a pusher. it fits pretty well over the tranny cooler, so that will help there too.

then i put a new alternator on it, so i was able to shut it off in the pits and let it cool from the already cooler (than previously) temp.

also, the springs seem to be breaking in or something, because the back of the car is rising now, where it wasn't last time. i am going to make spacers for the rear shackle hangers, because the shackles are vertical, and i think i can get more rise out of the rear if i angle them.

THEN i'll be carb tuning....still have the out-of-the-box settings.

i figure 12s are within easy reach after a little tuning.

exactly.
i am going to cut my spacers tonight at work....i'm going to cut 2 1" thick, to get an inch difference, and then i'm going to cut a bunch of 1/4" pieces for fine tuning. (i can add spacers til my 60' falls off again, then go back one spacer and that'll give it optimum lift for my car.)

cool..keep playing..that's one of the biggest speed secrets...

-
Back