Another new old guy

-

Slow Learner

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all, pleasure to be joining the group.
Most of my recent automotive interest has been Jeep related. Recently received a 1969 Dart for Fathers Day from my oldest boy. Starting a new journey.
Used to have a '67 Dart back around the late 1980's. Often talk about it being one of my favorite cars.

Anyway, plan is to make it a close to stock driver and just enjoy the ride.

If I can load the photo here is the new project.

20220704_173216_sm2.jpg

Welcome, Pretty nice ‘Project Car’

Appreciate that, I was quite surprised when he handed me the keys. It is a project though, the windshield and A pillars were damage by a transport company. Gonna take a little work to straighten everything out. California sun killed the top and the interior; 220k took its toll on the mechanicals. Did drive onto the trailer though. Its a very solid starting point. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to bring it back to its former glory.

Welcome! Nice Car! You have a GReat Son!

welcome to the fabo , funny thing i've had three 69 darts gts's and gt models and all of them where green met , sorry no pics of the first one , but it was just like my other gts .

DSC08164.JPG

DSC03636.JPG

Very cool car! Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Kansas. NICE car. Nothing better than an F8 green A body. Great son. You must have raised him well. So my question is: Are you an old new guy, or a new old guy???

welcome to the fabo , funny thing i've had three 69 darts gts's and gt models and all of them where green met , sorry no pics of the first one , but it was just like my other gts .

This one is medium green (K5). Had a tan top originally. Looked for a picture on the 'net for that combo, only found chargers. Looking forward to seeing it in its original combo.

Nice darts, loved my old '67.

Welcome from Kansas. NICE car. Nothing better than an F8 green A body. Great son. You must have raised him well. So my question is: Are you an old new guy, or a new old guy???

I'm both. Old enough that in high school we were all driving late 60's or early 70's cars because they were the "$500 first car" of the time. New enough to still learn something every day. After 20 years of a Jeep addiction, it feels like I know nothing about the old Mopars now.

I'm both. Old enough that in high school we were all driving late 60's or early 70's cars because they were the "$500 first car" of the time. New enough to still learn something every day. After 20 years of a Jeep addiction, it feels like I know nothing about the old Mopars now.
You'll fit right in here.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal!
Great Father's Day present!
I'm anxious to watch your progress as I'm in the middle of building a '69 Dart.
Please continue to post pics.

-
Back