another new Wisconsinite here...

-

smatt

Reaction score
Hello,
Another newbie from western Wisconsin...
I've been lurking for a for a few weeks now and figured I should just get signed up.

I'm new to both car restoration, and web forums, so bare with me and my stupid questions...

I just bought a '74 Dart Swinger 318 auto from my brother in law. (He had it for a week before finding a '69 Dart he wanted more). I figure it will be a good "learner" car for me and the boys (6 year old and 1 year old) to work on when time and money permit. Of course I'm all ready finding alot more things it needs than originally thought, but we'll do our best. I've got the rust fixed in the floor and the seams cleaned up and resealed. Upper control arm bushings are completely gone, so next is figuring out how to rebuild the suspension, then I can get her on the road a little and see how the 318 is. Should be fun.

Thanks for the great site and archive of valuable information!!

Matt

74 Dart 1.jpg

74 Dart boys.jpg

Welcome aboard from northern Minnesota.
You've joined a great site any question just ask someone will have answer for you. A lot of good and knowledgeable people here.

Welcome from one Wisconsinite to another! Nice looking Dart!

Welcome aboard Matt! Great looking kids and a sweet car to play with too. You'll find everything you need around here, and the inspiration to keep it moving.

Welcome, You Will Find Some Of The People On Here Are Very Nice And Willing To Help In Any Way They Can...

KP

Matt, I have a lot of parts and info on your car, throw me a pm and let me
know where you live, maybe I can help out.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!

This weekend turned out to be a catch up on yard work and laundry ect weekend. I hope to start figuring out what I need to do with the suspension this week. I'll be logging many hours reading previous posts...

Welcome aboard. You won't only working on an old car with your sons, you will be building life lond memories with them. I still remember being out in the garage with my dad when I was a little kid...I cherish those early memories, and you all will too.

welcome smatt, were ya at in w. wis., I am in sparta, I have a 70, and know 3 other buddies that have darts. Between us we have some extra stuff around as well. Good luck.

-
Back